Quick Question For The Installers Out There

Big O

I finally broke down and got the wife some Navigation for her TBSS. I ended up pulling the trigger on an Eclipse AVN 5435. I have modules for onstar, steering wheel controls, and the chimes. My question is this. We have the rear DVD system for our boy and I got to thinking today, will this still work with the new setup. I assumed it would beings the DVD player is built into the rear system and the sound is the only necessary component going back through the system.

Any installers on here done a conversion like this? Anything else I need to get prior to installing?

Mucho gracias and stuff

BIG O

I do know my Eclispe 6600 has a video output for any rear screens you might have.... So, does your model have a video output? It is supposed to continue to play DVD's on the video output, even if Navigation is being used on main unit, put that unit has two drives, CD/DVD and Navi is seperate.... Not sure if this helps you or not.

Thanks for the reply. The TBSS has the overhead in the middle of the truck on the roof. It has its own dvd player in the same location. I guess I am wondering if the audio will still transmit through the factory speakers.

The video out would be nice also, being able to watch the same video on both the headunit and the back seat screen. Although until he gets older, he can keep his Disney/Nickelodeaon/Dora the Explorer videos to himself :)

I remember a couple of years ago everyone was hiding their headunits in their vehicles to maintain the functioning of the vehicles ( chimes, air bags, etc ). I thought this was all replaced with these modules, but I was reading an audio install forum and they showed an article on how to hide the Ford f150 radio behind the glove box to keep the entertainment system. Maybe I am just paranoid and Fords are way behind the times.

By pushing the AUX button on the factory H.U. the DVD plays through the stock speakers like the radio. It displays RSE. I am assuming that the same modules will work and I will have to use the auxilary button or something to that effect on the new H.U., at least that is what I am hoping for.

That sounds bout right. You will most likely run the aux input; might want to check up on any wiring diagrams on the tbss. If its running just sound it may be just an audio cable, however you may want to ask this question on the

www.the12volt.com

Installers live there.

the DVD system will still work fine. however, i doubt the sound will. there is no wire in any harness i have ever seen that brings an output for the RSE. and i have tried to connect the rear OE monitor to a HU onetime, it isnt hooked up with standard RCAs or anything even close... best bet is to just use the wireless headphones