Magnacharger

There are no guarantee's in life my friend. It is a gamble, but a rather safe one. Holty, Dcairns, SSThunder, Myself, and some others I am sure, have been running a pretty much stock or completely stock trans behind a magnacharger for thousands of miles. It truly is hit or miss. I have 15k miles behind my magnacharger with no issues so far. I dont have any trans upgrades. Holty has thousands of miles behind his much more powerful truck with a magna on it and only a shift kit and servos, but prtty much otherwise stock. SSThunder the same. DCairns is running a completely stock trans I believe also and he has I think over 80kmiles on his setup.

On the flip side, just so you understand my answer, there are plenty of members who dont have near the power a magna makes and they have shredded the trans multiple times. Mr. P is one of them I know off hand. So when I say it is a gamble, its just that. I would be confident to say that if your trans is going to fail, it will probably fail whether you put the magna on or not. If you are going to keep it all stock, cant you buy the magna powertrain warranty? Or didnt I hear something about that they wont warranty their blowers on an AWD vehicle, ie TBSS, SSS?

i agree it is a hit or miss but imo its wise to do a little modification to the trans such as brad did just to be on the safe side but ur call and if u do end up rebuilding the trans make sure the person is puting the parts they say there goin to put in it cus my last tranny guy took me for a joy ride and said '' u have some top of the line shit in here that i installed my self'' when the clutch went out for the 3rd time in 2 months changed to danny (sprayed99) dad he said it was full of cheap parts and 4 things in there were posibles for the 3-4 clucth to fail and hes been building trannys for 30 sum odd yrs now and they both know there stuff so but its all up to u what u wanna do

Some people do have better luck than others on this issue. I have gone through three sets of Raybestos clutches, burned up 2 kevlar bands after I had the larger reaction shell installed when I snapped my input shaft. And my TC crapped out too. I tried to bulletproof my tranny every which way around and something always happens. I tried to be safe and I am still sorry. Best advice I can give you is that if you have some money to spare, do a few mods to the tranny just to be safe.