Warrenty Question

8hnpSS

So i go to the dealership to talk about my steering shaft clunking again. Then they begin to tell me that im out of warrenty. I was like huh? So they say that i dont have the 5 year 100,000 warrenty because the new 07 models came out. Is this true? And my 3 year 36,000 just ended about 2 weeks ago. I know the steering shaft is only a 100$ fix but i just wanna know if this happened to everyone else.

-Niko

07+ models have the 5year/100000 mile warranty, everything else before this is 3/36. Seeing how you are just out of warranty, the dealer should good will the repair. Besides there is a bulletin about the clunk since so many of them have had this problem, they should fix it FOC. Try another dealer or fight them on it. :chevy:

EDIT - You said 'again'. You have taken it in for this before? If you have records of this complaint and nothing was done to correct it, you need to show them this. With that in mind they should definitely replace the shaft FOC no questions asked.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I read the bulliten on the clunking shaft. The dealership said they have a different shaft thats not gonna clunk anymore. I never knew they stopped the 5/100000 when the new 07s came out. No biggie anyway thanks tho :D

I read the bulliten on the clunking shaft. The dealership said they have a different shaft thats not gonna clunk anymore. I never knew they stopped the 5/100000 when the new 07s came out. No biggie anyway thanks tho :D

My steering shaft was just replaced 3 weeks ago also with the updated replacement, don't pay for the new shaft, they should replace it FOC. :chevy:

5yr/100k warranty is POWERTRAIN as in motor and trans, steering shaft falls under bumper to bumper 3yr/36k. Having said that if you have a good relation with your dealer and or they have replaced it in the past under warranty then most dealers will goodwill the steering shaft. I work at a GM dealer and will tell you all this, if you show up only to my place for warranty work or come in with attitude the chances for a goodwill fix is slim, and thats the way it is at most dealers.

Hey VHO can you just explain to me why I dont have a 5/100k because they came out with the new 07s? I fail to understand that part of this whole thing.

The '07 model year and newer come with the 5/100k warranty, the prior years '06 and older only came with 3/36 unless you purchased an extended waranty.