Is Cat Placement Critical?

smoke03

rear 02 codes will not reduce power. they are only there to tell you, your cat failed. personally i wouldnt have those cats on my truck. today they dont do sniffer tests just teh OBDII scan. as long as its shut off in the tune then you are fine.

yes cats are worth money

I had the Magnaflow hi-flos put on my truck and now they are completely empty. I believe it is another reason my truck is running lean. One side of my o2 sensors where even white. My truck runs like sh!t. I say leave the stock cats in and don't sell them for the 100 bucks or so you might get for the pair. Doing so may cause you costlier problems later on down the road.

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

I dont know Quick. I had a problem with mine before i deleted them and my truck ran like ass. barely would stay running

then somehting else might of been off? over the years with vehicles and no rear 02s never had issues. just from my experiences. just like the whole descreening of maf. i never once had issues in over 100k of mileage and different vehicles.

I guess what I'm afraid of is if the cut outs are placed before the cats while the rear 02's are operatinal and not deleted then when the cut out is open no flow will reach the rear 02 and it will be like a plugged cat or somethin i would think throwing a code wouldnt it?

yes, the material inside of them is apparently like gold.

i think the last i heard a few months ago was $100/cat.. i don't remember though. i could be wayyy off.

You aren't off at all. We have a guy that comes to our dealership and buys our used cats that we have from general repairs,etc. We usually get around $75-$100 for our one cat.

well i guess the question is why do you need the cutouts after your cats? i can tell you it honestly doesent make a big difference in sound.

i used the lil magnaflow cats and they were pretty easy to fit in near stock location, i had to do some careful planning on how to postion my cutouts since they are larger and i wanted dual side exit.

my cats are hollow now anyway so they are just for visual purposes.

rear 02 are just there to make sure your cats are functioning.