Did Some Math....

kelleyperformance

well i was bored and ran upon a site that had a formula for calculating several dimensions, so i got all my gear top end speeds @ redline. the results were quite entertaining, and even more convincing that i need to up my diff gears badly.

all of these numbers are using my gear ratios, 32.6" tire, 3.73 rear diff gears....

6th gear, 85 MPH : 1862 rpms

@ Redline (6700 rpms):

1st : 58.7 MPH

2nd : 84.2 MPH

3rd : 121.9 MPH

4th : 174.3 MPH

5th : 207.5 MPH

6th : 305.8 MPH

top speeds if i still had the 4L65e with all the same parameters as above:

4th gear, 85 mph : 2289 rpms

@ 6000 rpms:

1st : 51 MPH

2nd : 95.7 MPH

3rd : 154.5 MPH

4th : 223 MPH

assuming a stock SSS 2WD w/ 3.73:

4th gear, 85 mph : 2345 rpms

@ 5600 rpms:

1st : 46.4 MPH

@ 5400 rpms:

2nd : 84.1 MPH

@ 5200 rpms:

3rd : 135.7 MPH

@ 5600 rpms:

4th : 203 MPH

And to bad we drive an aerodymanically deficient 5500lb brick! Great numbers BTW. I wonder what our trucks could realistically do with the front end all duct tapped up? It would fry my trans/intercooler/radiator though...I bet we could get our trucks up to 175-180mph with fornt end work and lowering etc. I hit 120 in stride with my supercharger with plenty more to go it seems like, but the truck just becomes too unstable and the hood looks like it is going to fly off.

If its stock, it is floating...turbulence under the truck will actually lift it...thats why the closer to the ground you are the better. I read an article that to break the 200mph mark in a car, you need at least 500hp and a certain coef of drag sruface etc. They had a forumla to prep a genIII f-dboy with a big block 502 to go 200mph for under $10k and they did it at the salt flats.

Got mine to 152. I only know because my friend was in his vette next to me. But our trucks at that high of speed will make you shit yourself. But if you have a 2wd and have it 2 inches from the floor it probably won't be so bad.

like me lol :D . i have topped third out and when i shifted to 4th i was very surprised that it was still pulling just as hard.... when i stopted (better not to mention the speed :crazy: ) it was no where from done. when it was stock ride height and even just slightly lowered, with stock spec alignment and no bed cover, it was just plain scary at speeds barely over 100