Damaged Goods From Ebay

SlowSierraSS

I ordered a 100% perfect in shape and condition tailgate off of ebay a few weeks ago for a buddy of mine off of ebay. The shipping was like $100 and I paid the extra $5 for the insurance. The tailgate was shipped very late so I started a calim through paypal on it. He stated that he had no excuses and it was late but gave me a tracking number and I received it a few days later after that. Well with the claim still open I seen the UPS man pulling into my driveway so I went out there. The guy takes it out of the truck and kind of just plops it on the ground. I get ready to sign for it and he says that "Nope you are all set." Right there I knew that something was not right. The guy that I bought it from did not put insurance on the package since I didnt have to sign for it. I open it up and it was dented in 2 of the corners and one really nice dent on the side where the cable was under it in the packaging process. He did a really bad job packaging it and now I am stuck with a $500 peice of junk. I esclated the dispute into a claim and have not heard back from the paypal team and that was before C-mas. Any help on what I should do? Also what should I do if paypal does not do anything for this one? Thanks in advance.

i think its out of the seller's hands. it would be on the shipping company and if you seen him plop it on the ground then it was probably tossed around. UPS workings just throw thigns around inside the shipping department. they dont care they are low paid workers there for a few hours. i know a few ppl tha twork there and all have the same story. take it up with ups

also to file a complaint on something not being shipped its bascially a few weeks have to go by. but any seller can take up to 7 days after item is paid for before he actually has to ship item.

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

from my dealings with ups if you can take pics of the package it arrived in and of damage to item. if you have pics of this stuff when you call to file your clame with ups. they can give you and email address to send them to. makes it alot faster and at the claim dep they can also check to see if the seller did add insurance. all you have to have is your proof and they can help you on it. but believe me it does take time. i learned the hard way myself.

Sorry to hear that......there is a couple of things you can do. First file a claim with E-Bay and one with Pay-Pal about the damages. Next, get a hold of the seller about the damages. In turn, he has to get a hold of the shipper and file a damage claim. UPS will send an adjuster to you to inspect the goods, packaging, and carton. If improper or poor packaging was used, UPS will probably deny the claim, which leaves a grievance to settle between you and the seller. Good Luck. :chevy:

BTW - Just because you didn't have to sign for the package doesn't mean that the package was not insured. The shipper has to choose the "signature required" option. A package can be insured without needing a signature upon delivery.

I hope you didnt pay more than $200 with shipping for it. I just went through this crap with my street scene bumper. I bought a used one in good shape and paid for the insurance well it got smashed up by fedex and I contacted the seller and he had a return set up. They picked up the cover and I started a claim with paypal. After the shipper got the bumper I never heard crap out of him. So paypal ruled in my favor but for the max of $200. I was left hanging on the rest. It sucked but I bought a new one and moved on.