All You Sled Guys

stroked out

IMO yamaha and arctic cat make good sleds, but if you really want the tits, i'd go with a ski doo or a polaris. I'm really a fan of the polaris RMK, my buddy just bought an 08 RMK 800 Dragon and says its hard to keep the ski's on the ground, and outruns the Ski Doo 800. What kind of riding do you plan on doing? Mountain, trail, etc.?

I had a 225 HP polaris XCSP (Nitrous :thumbs: ) and I had a hard time finding a patch long enough for me to enjoy the power. If I were to buy a new sled, I would focus all of my money spent on suspension and 0-60 and forget about trying to top out at 150. A snotty 600 with a well thought out suspension is just more fun IMO,...especially if you are trail riding. Swap out the jackshaft gears, pipes, reeds, clutch kit, studs and some long carbide skegs and that will be my next sled. More than enough power to get you in trouble!

BTW, the fusion and the REV riding positions are NOT overrated on a long day (over 200 miles of riding). Your ass will thank you! :smash:

what kind of riding do you like to do? Do you like to ride in the mountains? Trails? Do you like to boondock through the trees? I have an 07 Skidoo summit 800R with a 159" track and I love it. summits are best on the mountain by far. and mountains are the only place i ride. not too sure about the trails though. I try not to ride much trail. just my .02

Kenny

I personally like the riding position of the BRP sleds. The 800 HO motor should be close in power and fuel mileage of the Yammy four stroker but a lot less weight. The rotax two stoke would be a lot cheaper to repair if problems did appear compared to the four stroke.

I personally like the riding position of the BRP sleds. The 800 HO motor should be close in power and fuel mileage of the Yammy four stroker but a lot less weight. The rotax two stoke would be a lot cheaper to repair if problems did appear compared to the four stroke.

Jus sold my 05, renegade 800. I loved it! mountains and cross country, was equally good. I would plan on changing out the 1 1/4 track.