Who's Tranny Should I Get ?

Has anyone used thes guys?

"http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-GM-4l60E-4L65E-Transmission-2wd-4x4-car-truck_W0QQitemZ200187961903QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33727QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ

ewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-GM-4l...1QQcmdZViewItem

Goodfellas

1 YEAR/UNLIMITED MILES

HP Range is 700HP; 700 foot pounds of torque.

The BOSS transmission comes with only the finest components and is built to be the highest standard on the market. This is the third level of transmission in my organization, and is built to take a beating by you, and to give a beating to others in every way. Guaranteed to be the toughest, meanest, most durable transmission on the market at its level. When you have this transmission in your car or truck you will know who the Boss is on the standards of horsepower and torque at the street, strip, or hill. The person taking control will be you!

THE BOSS Comes with:

A Goodfellas reprogramming kit (which means we rework the valve body and go through it completely to make sure there are no stuck valves).

The 13 Z-PAC from Raybestoes(which replaces the factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum). The 13 clutches are heat treated steels that withstand more heat, which in turn gives you more life of the transmission.

Raybestoes high temp energy clutches throughout the rest of the unit, along with all new steels, bushings, and rings.

Sonnaxs' .500 boost valve (which ensures a nice crisp clean shift with no delays).

4140 hardened pump rings

Teflon Pump bushing (which allows more abuse)

13 vane pump rotor

29 element sprag

Sonnax Wide Open Throttle Valve

Sonnax Sunshell (which is three times thicker than factory).

Hardened input shaft and drum.

3 inch wide Kevlar band

5 pinion planetary

Corvette servo (which has 30% more holding power, which will give you that full throttle shift with out burning up the band).

We block off the 1,2,3,4 accumulators to give you a solid and firm crisp shift, and discard the springs in the accumulator because sometimes they will break and create problems.

Edited by BlownFogger540 (see edit history)

Mr P and Zippy are the resident experts on transmissions. I borought those guys up to them once before and they didnt like what they saw. The thing is that these 4L65E tranny's are very sensitive and you really have to know what you are doing with them. There are custom things that need to be done other than throw some "goodies" in them. I think one of the biggest flaws was the type of clutch packs they use dont hold up. They will chime in I am sure. I doubt that trans would hold 700hp, there arent many tranny's out there that will. Also, keep in mind their warranty is just a selling tool. You would pay for shipping to send it back and forth etc. If they are even still around to honor your claim.

The two favorites that are proven power holders are the Finish Line Transmissions and Rossler Trans. Either one you are looking at $2-3k. What are you rmods blownfogger?

as long as you have all the best hard parts and misc parts, it dont matter who you go with...............IMO

I agree with this and find someone who really I MEAN REALLY knows what they are doing. There are a few regulars in here and i'm not going to mention names that have gone thru a few tranny,s and when a reputable person checked them out they found they did not recieve the parts they paid for and stuff was just thrown together .

I have a performabuilt lev 3 (+700hp). It orks great but you have to adjust tune to loosen up the trans at part throttle shifts. After install it was quite the neck snapper just cruising around-not very pleasent. I spent a couple of days using EFI Live to dial it in. Now it is aggressive only at higher throttle position. Finishline has a vacuum operated line pressure adjuster which "might" be easier to dial in. These two companies get the most shoutous on the car forums.

Mr P and Zippy are the resident experts on transmissions. I borought those guys up to them once before and they didnt like what they saw. The thing is that these 4L65E tranny's are very sensitive and you really have to know what you are doing with them. There are custom things that need to be done other than throw some "goodies" in them. I think one of the biggest flaws was the type of clutch packs they use dont hold up. They will chime in I am sure. I doubt that trans would hold 700hp, there arent many tranny's out there that will. Also, keep in mind their warranty is just a selling tool. You would pay for shipping to send it back and forth etc. If they are even still around to honor your claim.

The two favorites that are proven power holders are the Finish Line Transmissions and Rossler Trans. Either one you are looking at $2-3k. What are you rmods blownfogger?

Mods are

V2 strim intercooled 15psi at wot

l92 heads

60lb inj

thunder racing cam .600" 216 232

3000 yank stall

AWD 6.0L

dual 3" with headers

just to give you a idea

would assume 550hp

will not be spending $2000- 3000 on a 4L65e

FLT gets my vote, I ordered parts for my tranny from Vince today. Also, their trannies are proven behind two of the fastest SSSs on record........Krambo and AZFASTESTSS, plus Parish's infamous 10 second Silverado. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

you got 15 psi with a v2 s-trim?..thats amazing man, i never got that with mine. But for the tranny man FLT gets my vote

Yes so people keep telling me 10psi at half trottle and 15psi open this is with a new phantom 2 eletric gauge

idles good at 750rpm 7 vac

we have been builting GMtrannys for a long time(35years) and we have several 5 second f-bodys that run around with our trannys. To pay 2-3k for a trans is insane. Ask members like Lethal and Clifford if they like their 60e's we did them.....the real test was my trans in my JG truck over 500rwhp and I beat the hell out of it....of coarse it doesn't cost me a lot to re-build it. held up and is now in another guys pick up and still holding strong.