Wreck Pics

drclaw5

Just found a few pics of my old truck after i wrecked it. some info on the truck: 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L flowmaster with dumps, 4/6 djm drop, 20 inch rozzi vixens (not pictured) bunch of stereo stuff, intake etc. info on wreck: was living in columbia, missouri going to University of Missouri, January 12th 2005 i believe, anyways was heading down a four lane divided highway and hit some black ice, overcorrected and went head on at about 50mph into a rock wall (like you see on the side of the road when they cut thru a hill to make the road flat) anyways came out with a broken back and 12 weeks in a back brace! :( no fun! anyways really miss the truck! anyone else got any?

296788575.jpg

296788569.jpg

296788562.jpg

296788555.jpg

296788267.jpg

No personal wrecks, but i see stuff like that every day. (I dirve a wrecker.) I'm glad to see you came out of it ok, besides the busted back. Were you wearing your seatbelt?

no i wasnt wearing it, wound up breaking the steering wheel and ended up wedged in between the two front seat and the dash! no good

Holy Crap!!!! :eek: That's awful. I'm glad you made a full recovery. I wrecked recently. Thank gosh I was wearing a seatbelt, cause if I wasn't, it probably would've been alot worse. I made out with busted knee, broken knuckle, cut eyelid, and a wicked bad concussion(still have a knot on my head).

kimmytruckpaper.jpg

100_0983.jpg

100_0982.jpg

10-18-07_1846.jpg

no i wasnt wearing it, wound up breaking the steering wheel and ended up wedged in between the two front seat and the dash! no good

:nono: Being a first responder, I can't begin to tell you how many lives I have seen seatbelts save. At least you are okay now. I bet you wear your seat belt now too.

Here is my contribution. I had a 98 Silverado Z71. Purchased it new in high school at 16 years old. Was going to see my girlfriend on September 5 (labor day) 2005. Anyhow, I got off of work the same time as my girlfriend did. We took seperate paths home to her place 30 miles away. She took the interstate, and I took the windy country road with the ferry to blow off some steam. Well I got all the way passed the ferry, and 6 miles from her house when it happened. I went around a curver in the road that had a canopy of trees over it. The road NEVER got any sun and that part of the road was slimey due to the constant damp condition. I went around the corner, started to slide, locked the brakes up and went through 6 trees. I mowed then over and the final 3 I hit just folded down created a ramp, which flipped me over. I was doing about 45-50 when it happened. Was completely out of cell service. I had to flag down some random people to go get my girlfriend. I had my safety belt on and was hanging upside down when I got out. If I had gone to the right instead of the left, I'd have been upside down in a creek. You can see where my truck landed, there is all kinds of flowers and crosses where many people have died. I managed to flip over all that stuff and not hit any of it. I came out without a scratch. Totalled the truck however. Bent the frame and did 10-12K worth of damage to it. I miss it so much. I loved that truck. Anyhow, time for some pictures. The first ones are on the scene from my camera phone. The rest are of it sitting in my driveway after we got it home.

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Edited by YenkoChevelle69 (see edit history)

Holy crap Yenko...that's some scary sh*t. After looking at the pics of your truck I still can't believe my airbags didn't deploy when I wrecked. I pretty much head on-ed a tree.

alrite guys and gals you forced me to put mine up althou they are nothing compared to some of yours it still was very upseting to see my truck broken

ok here is the story i was at this years truckfest at summit racing in ohio just got done polishing it and was walking around with my friend when i herd the crash the guy that was parked behind was starting his stick shift truck for someone to here and he thought it was in nutral no clutch safty swith reached in started it and it plowed into the back of truck althou i was extrmely pissed it could have been a lot worse i could has still been cleaning my truck and been back there or someone could have been walking by or standing there and considering this 77 f-250 was raised and the bumper was waist high could have been horible well the truck is now fixed and since i am a bodyman i was able to shave the tailgate handle and use the money to buy my goodmark cowl hood :cheers:

post-6296-1199673608_thumb.jpg

post-6296-1199673641_thumb.jpg

post-6296-1199673670_thumb.jpg

post-6296-1199673703_thumb.jpg

post-6296-1199673730_thumb.jpg