Pretty Sure My Sss Is Totalled

CaboRob

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam glad everybody is ok and sorry to see youre truck in its present state,hopefully it wont be totaled and i personally dont think it will be i heard stories of vehicles coming within $1000.00 dollars of being totaled and the insurance companies repaired the trucks,good luck man.

Good luck with the repair...

I had an accident about a year ago, and basically the truck side swiped a electrical box, because i have a heavy foot...Long story short...18K+ worth of damage and the truck was fixed (3 months later). My insurance company didnt even give me the option of totaling it out...And my frame damage was pretty bad, add to the fact the drive shaft was pulled out of the truck with partial damage to the left side of the rear axle and the left rear tire and bed had to be completely replaced...

Lets cross our fingers, and glad it was worse...Insurance companies usually go by if it costs 80% or more to fix the damage they will total it out, or at least thats what my agent told me

i know....but from what i understand is that both frame rails are buckled at both behind and in front of the rear wheels... both insurance companies are schedule to go out tomorrow(fri) and look at it...my nephew is a adjuster for mercury insurance and "ballparked it " for me ... new gm 1500 frame - $2800 , 30 man hours remove and replace - $3000+- ($5800.) both sides of the bed have a buckle can get a complete bed for $1800- remove + replace + paint $1200 ($8800) rear cladding + paint $600 ($9400) rear bumper,brackets,pad and paint $880 ($10280) Repair+ paint tailgate and lower cladding $725 ($11000+-) front bumper assembly and grill with prep and paint and remove and replace $ 1300 ($12300) alignment and assorted bullshit $2000 ($14300) - NADA - $21960. salvage price for the truck $9000.

deduct salvage price from NADA = $12960... the cost is less than the price to fix.. :(

it kills me...you know I am thankful that everyone is unhurt but there is a part of me that wishes the old guy driving the caddy was paying more attention to the road...with 6 kids,a house and everything that surrounds me that I share that truck was the only thing that was all mine that wasnt shared....sorry everyone for the vent...

peace,

rob

he did say that i can get the hood and tonneu cover after they total it...so i am shopping....anyone know of an SS for sale?I told the wife Im flying to pick it up and drive it home...

Peace,

Rob