What Is This Cross Member For?

1 Fast SS

Does anyone know what the purpose of this cross member bar is for? It has two ajustable bolts on the bottom of ach side of the cross member. There is a bar attached to each ajustible bolt that goes to the front of the truck. Does this adjust something? I noticed that one bolt is about a 1/4 in. lower than the other one. I'm wondering if this would adjust the lean in my truck somehow.

Terry

DSC003471.jpg

it is for your torsion bars, U cant see them in the picture. I gues I dint realize the 2wd used torsion spring suspension? huh. Cool.

Those bolt's adjust your ride heaght. Measure your front end on each side. if there even no adj. needed.

~Danny

Thats the cross member that holds the torsion bars. The torsion bars are the ones connected to the front A arms, and are what hold your truck up. These trucks don't have springs. Yes those bolts will adjust ride height, but I would take it to a professional to do it. you can be seriously hurt if you don't know what your doing, and it doesn't sound like you do. no offense but no need to see somebody hurt.

how would a sway bar adjust ride height? yes it does get rid of body roll like you are saying, but its not gunna drop his truck down on one side.

if your truck has never been in a wreck, and your suspension is stock..... get some small 1/4" spacers for the rear leaf perch. basically you would place one on the lower side, until you were satisfied with it. i use these on trucks that are lowered with leafs, to get the exact customer desired height. i actually am running 1/2" spacers on my SS to keep it from tucking. shoot me a PM, ill be happy to help you

how would a sway bar adjust ride height? yes it does get rid of body roll like you are saying, but its not gunna drop his truck down on one side.

if your truck has never been in a wreck, and your suspension is stock..... get some small 1/4" spacers for the rear leaf perch. basically you would place one on the lower side, until you were satisfied with it. i use these on trucks that are lowered with leafs, to get the exact customer desired height. i actually am running 1/2" spacers on my SS to keep it from tucking. shoot me a PM, ill be happy to help you

ooops i didnt ready his post correctly my bad.......

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

So your talking about the "leaf perch", is that on top of the leaf springs, and under the "U bolts" where the axle sits on top the plate? I've had my old truck shimmed before, and they shimmed the frame to the bed. The only bad part about that, is that you can see the difference from the bumper to the tailgate, but it evened out the lean.

Leafspring.jpg