Front Hubs

So the story goes. Was driving home from mother-in-laws sunday, about a 2.5 Hr trip. Was almost home when i heard grinding coming from the front end passenger side. Next day get a co-worker in the passenger side with window down. Can hear what sounds like that little tab rubbing against my roters when your pads wear out but only when i turn left or right. So i call up dealer to get truck in shop, no problem bring truck in first thing tuesday mourning (today). So i tell shop what i hear, call me back and tell me front hub bearings are bad and will replace then still under warranty -$ for me to pay out. But has anybody else had or heard of this problem before. Shop told me must have been bad hubs from the factory. :crazy: Only 16,000 miles

Edited by waltsum3 (see edit history)

Yes it is possible that the bearings were never pressed right at the factory..........from what I have seen and learned from this forum and through personal experience is that anything is possible. For instance my SSS only has 24000 miles on her and she had the water pump go bad yesterday. Again, anything is possible. :chevy:

Hope it is not a recuring problem? sorry about the water pump are you just waiting for warranty to run out on factory parts. Would think you could find a better after market pump?

The stealership replaced the pump under waranty, I dont plan on buying an extended. The hub bearings should not be a recurring issue if they are pressed and packed right. :chevy:

So the story goes. Was driving home from mother-in-laws sunday, about a 2.5 Hr trip. Was almost home when i heard grinding coming from the front end passenger side. Next day get a co-worker in the passenger side with window down. Can hear what sounds like that little tab rubbing against my roters when your pads wear out but only when i turn left or right. So i call up dealer to get truck in shop, no problem bring truck in first thing tuesday mourning (today). So i tell shop what i hear, call me back and tell me front hub bearings are bad and will replace then still under warranty -$ for me to pay out. But has anybody else had or heard of this problem before. Shop told me must have been bad hubs from the factory. :crazy: Only 16,000 miles

yea same here my both my axle shafts went bad yeasterday when i was on my way home from school. same discription as urs...so i went to my mechanic and wanted to charge me 600 to change both. So i did alittle search. I went to Auto Advance and got them for 120 for both and install it myself. Its easy the only pain is the big a$$ bolt in the middle of the rotor. i didnt have a compressor so i had to take it off by hand everything is was just bolt ons. im so proud of myself :)