Instrument Cluster Ext Warranty

Sammygunit

To all with Instrument cluster problems. My temp went out the other week. Bought a new sending unit. Nothing. Then start reading about this whole cluster issue everyone is having and start thinking about the interceptor gauges. Then Whala the GM Gods must have heard my prayer.

In the mail I received yesterday an extended warranty packet regarding instrument clusters on 2003 silverados. It is valid for 7 yrs or up to 70,000 miles. It says any sticking or fluctuation of the gauges. It also had a sheet in there to fill out if you have all ready had this work done on your truck. It is to try and get reimbursed for your expenses. I will be calling the dealership first thing tomorrow.

Goldie

Yeah just got it on monday. I guess some other guy on here has pictures of the pages on his post. I don't have that kind of time on the computer. His listing is under GM techincal. I almost thought that he copy and pasted my thread and added the pics.

Yeah just got it on monday. I guess some other guy on here has pictures of the pages on his post. I don't have that kind of time on the computer. His listing is under GM techincal. I almost thought that he copy and pasted my thread and added the pics.

Would have been hard to copy your post since I posted it 2 days before you. :jester: BTW-only took about 5 minutes to scan and load the pics. But, yeah, I do spend too much time on the computer. :D

well this is the first i have heard about this problem since i am a newer member. Well i just bought my truck a month ago and it had 68000 on it well i drove the truck home for the holidays and now it has 71K on it just got off he phone with the dearship and its gunna cost me $450 to replace it :banghead: . Does anybody know how much just the custer is and if i buy just the cluster do i have to get it programmed or is it just a straight install?

Just got my letter too. I got a question my trans temp gauage never moves, I was wondering if it is sticking or i don't drive my SSS hard enough, I do a lot of short trip driving so i am not sure if it warms up fast enough.Or is it like the engine temp gauage which warms up right away. This might be stupid question but I just want to make sure before i get this cluster replacement done.

Edited by TermySS (see edit history)