Headers

smoke03

Thinking about installing my pacesetters on saturday. Will it hurt the truck to drive it to the muffler shop about 7-8 miles away from the house with headers only? (no pipe) And do i need to worry about heat coming out of them on the way there?

Or do i just need to trailer it there?

Thanks,

Smoke03

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

Do you have a way to turn off the O2 sensors after the cat? I dont think it will hurt it. It will be loud as hell. Be sure to put the front O2 sensors in prior to driving it or you could hurt the motor. You should be ok.

:withstupid:

ear plugs? pssshh....earplugs are for girls lol

ANYWAY back to my original quesion. I just ordered my OEM Gaskets, Are you guys sure it wont hurt anything to drive? And no i cant turn my o2's off

Thats fine if you cant turn the sensors off in the PCM, just dont be alarmed when you get a check engine light turned on. Are you putting cats on the truck at the muffler shop? If not, you should order a custom tune now with the correct O2's turned off. If you are putting cats on, you can use those cat sensors again and will just have to find someone to clear the CEL code.

Thats fine if you cant turn the sensors off in the PCM, just dont be alarmed when you get a check engine light turned on. Are you putting cats on the truck at the muffler shop? If not, you should order a custom tune now with the correct O2's turned off. If you are putting cats on, you can use those cat sensors again and will just have to find someone to clear the CEL code.

Yeah ive got a set im gonna get put on then im prolly gonna go to autozone and let them clear the code...

Anybody else wanna chime in on the driving issue?

Yeah ive got a set im gonna get put on then im prolly gonna go to autozone and let them clear the code...

Anybody else wanna chime in on the driving issue?

I installed my LTs this past week and drove all around town with open headers trying to find an exhaust shop to weld a couple of flanges to my headpipes to mate to my headers (none of the shops had flanges!). I had the front O2s in but the rear ones unplugged. Aside from SES light and being loud as f*ck there are no driving issues that I could feel. Then again I was keeping her in the low RPMs to keep it from getting to loud and catching the cop's attention. No issues though, so you should be fine.

drive it!!! its crazy loud. I shut mine off when i came to stop lights and coasted as much as possible. your neighbors will LOVE you!! when i was first tuning and tying up loose ends. i would let it idle in the driveway. a guy walked by and made some smart as comments that it was too loud. so i fired it up and drove by him and gave him a little chin music to listen too. immature sure, but he can CHEW me!

have fun, just dont be too obnoxious and the cops shouldn't bug ya, if so, tell them where you are headed and they more than likely will respect that.