Lowering Ss

roberterin

Without getting toooooo technical, I wanna lower my 04 SS. What kit do i buy, and what do i need to watch out for...(do & dont's). I wanna do this JUST to look nicer...like 2inches front and back????? I have stock 20's on the truck. In the past with my cars I just bought coils(overs) and it was done in 2 hours, is it that simple on this truck????

Thanks,

rob.

Edited by roberterin (see edit history)

if you just want 2 inches i would do a spindle and shackle drop, im running belltech spindles shackles and shocks it isnt hard and the instructions are pretty straight forward.

There are a couple how to's in here from mr. p when he lowered his so just search for them and youll find enough info to get you going in the right direction.

yeah for a nice 2/2 drop go with beltech. shackles and spindles.

shackles are cake , 30 min install tops

spindles take a bit more time but not bad . definatly worth the money for the ride quality they produce. ride 10x better than a torsion bar/key drop .

Without getting toooooo technical, I wanna lower my 04 SS. What kit do i buy, and what do i need to watch out for...(do & dont's). I wanna do this JUST to look nicer...like 2inches front and back????? I have stock 20's on the truck. In the past with my cars I just bought coils(overs) and it was done in 2 hours, is it that simple on this truck????

Thanks,

rob.

Spindles & shackles, crank down torsion bars till raked stance achieved--careful with that as can cause vibration according to some but I haven't encountered any of that with my '03. Follow Mr. P's guide to lowering and you're in there like swimwear. Oh yeah, when you go for an alignment be sure the shop can adjust caster/camber with wheels elevated-some have said their local shops said they had to raise the front to achieve proper alignment which is untrue if they (the alignment shop) has the right equipment and a tech who knows what he is doing. Good luck!!! These guys know their stuff!!! :chevy:

• 1 year later...
I want to lower mine about that much as well. How much would a beltech kit cost?

Yep, bringing it back from the dead..... What does it cost? Will it affect towing capabilities?