New Frort End Look!

did you get the bowtie black too?

I have a shopman bowtie that is am trying to do two tone but they are not having any luck. I want black w/ red SS, but the black keeps bleeding into the red :banghead: It may end up just black :dunno: yet.

You need to have your coater, coat the bowtie red, then tape off the SS section. Then you can go over it in black..

I believe the problem is that it bleeds when they try to clear it, I think that is what they said. Could this be it?

I just dont know how its bleeding through. Once powder is cured it should not bleed, unless its the tape when they remove it. I understand your feel on the scratches, but it's not like it will see action other than bugs. The stuff is pretty tough. I would try without clear and see what happens.

I know chase wanted me to do something like this for him, with his bowtie some time back. I would not do it, because the tape lines do not come out perfect.

I just dont know how its bleeding through. Once powder is cured it should not bleed, unless its the tape when they remove it. I understand your feel on the scratches, but it's not like it will see action other than bugs. The stuff is pretty tough. I would try without clear and see what happens.

I know chase wanted me to do something like this for him, with his bowtie some time back. I would not do it, because the tape lines do not come out perfect.

Thanks for your input. I am going to call them and talk to them. If it does not come out right, I will just do black w/ clear and have some chrome vinyl SS's made for it (if someone can make them).

Jeff, there's a guy on eBay that sells bowtie overlays in various colors. He had black with a red outline that looked nice. I have black with a silver outline. Make sure it's for the right size bowtie, he sells several kinds. Also, you just have to be REALLY careful to get it on straight once you moisten the adhesive.

Jeff, there's a guy on eBay that sells bowtie overlays in various colors. He had black with a red outline that looked nice. I have black with a silver outline. Make sure it's for the right size bowtie, he sells several kinds. Also, you just have to be REALLY careful to get it on straight once you moisten the adhesive.

Thanks Hank. I will have to see how it turns out 1st.