2009 Dodge Ram Revealed

zanis520

GM man til the day I die, but damn that truck looks bad ass. The exhaust and bumper deal, nice. The interior, very nice and i like the tool boxes. Obvioulsy robbed that off of Chevrolet and the Avy's but a very nice touch. I like it. But we all know it wont run worth a broke dick.

These Dodge threads are always worth a chuckle....

:lol:

I think it looks pretty good, but the grill area I'm on the fence about and the headlights I'm not really feelin.

I think it's a hot truck though looks-wise.

I've liked the Dodge trucks since the 2002 restyle.

The tool boxes are on the work trucks BTW....

At least Dodge didn't follow every other truck lately and shorten the hood, while stuffing the engine under the dashboard. It's always a hoot to change the back plugs on those types of vehicles or, even do a head gasket.

The bedside tool boxes are a good idea, but they're symptoms of a problem I've been howling about on the new trucks. The bed rails on new trucks are shoulder height on me (I'm 5'11"). There is no way in heck to reach over the sides and get something off the bed floor. I can do it with my '05 SSS, but I don't think that works on the new GMT9K trucks. One of the nice things about having a pick up truck is being able to reach over the side for cargo. I think they're making the trucks narrower and shorter, while preserving the cubic foot capacity of the beds by raising the bedsides.

As for styling, it's not bad. I like the raked grille. I think GM styling is lagging but better than Ford or the Tokyo boys, but not as distinctive as Walter P.'s designers. Truth be told I think 2003-06 Chevy trucks were ugly, the look worked on the SSS, but that's about it. The best looking GM trucks were the '84-'87. The '88-'98s being a close second.

Dodge finally did the interior some justice. What's the deal with the Mercedes shifter? Would it be too much to ask for a Red or, Blue interior? I'm getting tired of Gray, Black or, Tan. I would love to get another Black truck with Red interior.

Edited by Radioshop (see edit history)

I think this is a step backward IMO... I like the current design better. That slanted grill makes it look like its not put together properly and they're trying to hard to take styling cues from the charger I think. Maybe debaged, color matched, and lowered I might like it, but as of now I say it looks pretty bad.

As for the HP its still nothing to get worked up over... as we all know the last HEMI was rated at 345hp and that truck has a hard time getting out of its own way. 380hp in a dodge (for whatever reason) never seems to translate to the same as 380hp in a GM... they're terribly inefficient.

As for the HP its still nothing to get worked up over... as we all know the last HEMI was rated at 345hp and that truck has a hard time getting out of its own way. 380hp in a dodge (for whatever reason) never seems to translate to the same as 380hp in a GM... they're terribly inefficient.

I think it's called..... WEIGHT!

:lol:

Honestly guys, JUST IMO,...I would consider the new ram over the new Silverado. I am still not sold on the new Chevy look.

:withstupid:

I"m not ashamed to say i like it, alot. very nice truck. for a DD i would defanately own one.