Proud Of The Silverado Ss

Black2003SS

So on my way into the office this afternoon, I had the privalege to run into a black dirty (needed to be washed) TBSS. It sound pretty good, he had at least exhaust. Needless to say, we had our first run from a dig on telegraph road. It should have been a mercy killing. Took him out of the hole, had 4-5 lengths by 60-70ish. We did it one more time with him chasing me...same result, maybe a little worse because he had to wait for me to go. So I though that was the end of it...nope...he kept blipping his throttle all the way down telegraph road (main 6 lane, 3 each way, divided road here with 50mph speed limit). He tried to sling shot past me after we got out of some traffic at 60mph and it was no go. Dropped into second, killed his momentum he had on me, and passed him. Thats 3 times. HE tried it again...beat him a 4th time. Then, we get to this light and I see this STS take off ( I wasnt set on the throttle yet and let him pull away)...I'm like huh...that was pretty quick for an STS...oh...look, theres a little V on the left hand corner...my bad. So we rolled up to a light that turned green and we all three went from a 30mph roll (my sweetspot downshift to 1st). I was suprised that I beat the V, but what really sprised me was that the TBSS and STS V were dead even. The guy in the TBSS was not friendly at all...stone cold look on his face, didnt want to talk etc. Maybe he was mad he was getting beat so bad. The V guy was all smiles and his boys in the backseat practically had their faces pressed against the back window to get a look at my truck. He slowed down and rolled down his window and we chatted for a second. He asked if it was new with nitrous, I told him an 03 with a supercharger and he couldnt believe it. He was a good sport about the whole thing. Wish I had a co-pilot with a camera to catch it all. Best encounters I've had all winter. It was dry, cloudy, and about 40* outside. The STS V sounded sweet by the way and looked bada$$. I could drive one for sure. Probably will wait for the new CTS V though...

So on my way into the office this afternoon, I had the privalege to run into a black dirty (needed to be washed) TBSS. It sound pretty good, he had at least exhaust. Needless to say, we had our first run from a dig on telegraph road. It should have been a mercy killing. Took him out of the hole, had 4-5 lengths by 60-70ish. We did it one more time with him chasing me...same result, maybe a little worse because he had to wait for me to go. So I though that was the end of it...nope...he kept blipping his throttle all the way down telegraph road (main 6 lane, 3 each way, divided road here with 50mph speed limit). He tried to sling shot past me after we got out of some traffic at 60mph and it was no go. Dropped into second, killed his momentum he had on me, and passed him. Thats 3 times. HE tried it again...beat him a 4th time. Then, we get to this light and I see this STS take off ( I wasnt set on the throttle yet and let him pull away)...I'm like huh...that was pretty quick for an STS...oh...look, theres a little V on the left hand corner...my bad. So we rolled up to a light that turned green and we all three went from a 30mph roll (my sweetspot downshift to 1st). I was suprised that I beat the V, but what really sprised me was that the TBSS and STS V were dead even. The guy in the TBSS was not friendly at all...stone cold look on his face, didnt want to talk etc. Maybe he was mad he was getting beat so bad. The V guy was all smiles and his boys in the backseat practically had their faces pressed against the back window to get a look at my truck. He slowed down and rolled down his window and we chatted for a second. He asked if it was new with nitrous, I told him an 03 with a supercharger and he couldnt believe it. He was a good sport about the whole thing. Wish I had a co-pilot with a camera to catch it all. Best encounters I've had all winter. It was dry, cloudy, and about 40* outside. The STS V sounded sweet by the way and looked bada$$. I could drive one for sure. Probably will wait for the new CTS V though...

sounds like you had a great time! good kills.. :thumbs:

edit: i pulled the truck out of storage yesterday and took it for a drive for the first time all winter, it was nice and dry out on the road. but no one wanted to play except a ford explorer.. no brainer there. lol

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

We ran from 30 to about 75ish and I had somewhre around 2-3 lengths on both them. I was also the last one to hit on that race also. My truck is a beast from 0-70/80...after that it starts to fall on its face. Maybe a little 3rd gear tuning, a 2.9" pulley, and thunder racing cam will cure all that.

Have you had your truck to the track yet with its current mods? The reason I ask is, I'm just trying to gauge what the TBSS might, or might not have had for you to pull him like that. It's sounding like you raced a stock AWD with maybe an exhaust, which does nothing on these trucks BTW, just changes the sound. Nice kill! :)

No track times yet with the radix. If I had to take a guess though, I would estimate a time of 13.3-13.6 range. There are some radix trucks running that with my mod levels.

If I had to guess what the TBSS had, an exhaust for sure, possibly LT headers. I doubt he had a cam or head work as his idle sounded stock. So he could have had some bolt ons. It's not the first time I have ruined a stock TBSS pilot's day so I was not suprised by the outcome. The STS V is what suprised me. In fairness to him though, he did have his 3 boys in the car that all were probably around 12yrs old maybe and 100lbs each...300lbs will slow a car down also.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)