Town Car "replacement"

Hankg42

I don't know if this is a trend in other big cities, but in NYC it looks as if the Lincoln Town Car is dead. Every new "limo" I see is a beautiful, black, Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade. I've seen 1 or 2 Expeditions, but the GM products definitely seem to be the vehicle of choice. I think they are perfect for this role, and they look good too. Lots of them are optioned out with big wheels and everything. Has anybody else seen this trend? :chevy:

The TownCar's as limo's are pretty much dead. A family member of myne owns a limo company and he only uses's the towncar as a 6pack for very small runs, 6 people or less, (Airports..etc.) Otherwise for other runs he doesnt have any towncar's its all stretched avalanches, escalades, 300C's. Hummer H2/H3..

I actually was talking about stock bodies, not stretch limos. In the city, most of the stretches still seem to be Town Cars. Once you're in the suburbs, anything goes; Chrysler 300's, Hummers, etc. I even saw a stretch '57 Chevy!

I actually was talking about stock bodies, not stretch limos. In the city, most of the stretches still seem to be Town Cars. Once you're in the suburbs, anything goes; Chrysler 300's, Hummers, etc. I even saw a stretch '57 Chevy!

yupp in my above post i was talking about stock bodies!

There is a major airport cab service that was on the high end here in the Detroit area. They pick you up at home and take you to the airport or take you home from the airport. Their service is like $50-60 if I recall for a 60 mile trip? It is called Metro Cars. They used Town Cars for as long as I can remember. Just the other day though I started to notice that they have switched out alot of their fleet to 300c's. It makes sense to me. The 300c rides just as good, has just about as much room, looks as classy or more classy, gets better gas mileage, etc. I notice them often because I drive two major roads/freeways that go to Detroit Metro International Airport. The 300c is an overall better vehicle than the town car. GM really doesnt offer anything as of yet to fit in that class. The Cadillac STS is too costly, the CTS too small. Nothing in Chevy's lineup, nor pontiac, is considered classy or plush. Buick maybe, but simply up until this point, dont really offer anything in my book that compares to the 300 or town car. The G8 and rear drive platforms will change all that I am sure.

This past September my wife and I hired Checker Sedan for service to and from Detroit Metro Airport. For the trip to the airport I reserved a Cadillac DES. It was a factory 6" stretch and a very comfortable and nice riding car. Since Checker has the airport contract they always have cars there waiting for passengers. We took the next car in line and unfortunately it was a Chrysler 300. In comparison it felt cramped and didn't ride nearly as smooth. They also use 6" stretch Lincoln Town Cars but I don't have any experience with them.

Edited by ImpoSStor SS (see edit history)

Imposter, are they the ones that have metro cars posted on them on the back in silver letters? Thats the one I always see...

They have their Checker Sedan logo at the rear of the front fenders and probably on the trunklid.

Click on the link in my post above for a description of their cars.