Yet Another Sss Getting Repair Work Done.

YenkoChevelle69

well handled my friend. The way you went about the situation is commendable. Also it was smart not to have him arrested and pursue charges so that you wouldn't create a neighborhood feud. Anyway, was he drinking by any chance?

ES :flag:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's screwed and he knows it, probably is expecting it. Purchase a copy of the police report, get your 3 estimates, and hand it to a competent attorney who will threaten him with making an officlal criminal filing - he'll pay or go to jail. It's the new millenium - SUE! When that f_cker has to make monthly payments to you for the next year he'll know who's the f'n boss.

Mr. P. :)

Yeah, I'm actually kind of scared that I'm gonna get screwed. I talked to the insurance company today and was told that they probably will not cover it due to it being an intentional act. I really was hoping I wouldn't have to get legal on him.

He's screwed and he knows it, probably is expecting it. Purchase a copy of the police report, get your 3 estimates, and hand it to a competent attorney who will threaten him with making an officlal criminal filing - he'll pay or go to jail. It's the new millenium - SUE! When that f_cker has to make monthly payments to you for the next year he'll know who's the f'n boss.

Mr. P. :)

Sue early and sue often I always say. Way to keep your cool. Don't take his insurance company's word for it. They make their living out of not paying claims. If he is one, his homeowner's insurance should cover intentional acts. Oh, and don't do small claims. Get an attorney and file in District Court, remember you have his intentional infliction of emotional distress to think about. Hmmm, I could probably also argue civil battery in that situation as well.

Well I talked to the adjuster and she said I am not covered b/c it was an intentional act. I guess I could call their main office and ask. I'm going in the morning to file the police report and get the ball rolling.

Edited by YenkoChevelle69 (see edit history)