Got My New Wheels Mounted...

they look great, its nice having wheels that nobody else has inst it?

^^^ Yep!

I looked online for pics of these, to see if I could find any painted / powdercoated pics...

Only thing I found was a project truck for one of the offroad magazines, which had these in 18"...powdercoated maroon (?).

Otherwise, nothing.

- Brian

• 2 months later...

Hah! I was gonna buy those but the time just wasn't right! I was going to coat them black. Looks friggin amazing dude, and way to have some style! You beat me to it! Are you local? Got a good powdercoater?

-Matt

those look sweet!!! here's what I would do. leave the tails red. on a red truck, they flow and blend much better. Try to match the brake vents and emblems to the rims. if not, get some 5 piece inserts and attempt to color match them to the rims.

oh yea, first and foremost, get a hold of Shopman and get yourself a bowtie with red SS inserts!!!

EDIT

after rechecking, I didn't notice the black bowtie before. color match that to the rims along with the emblems and brake vents and as a red SS you would stand out.

also, I forgot to mention before, clear the front corners and YOU ARE DONE my friend!!!

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)

i think the truck looks great man.... I would say adding that gunmetal color throughout the truck would really compliment the wheels... maybe powdercoat the grille and SS badges, powdercoat door handles with red painted buckets, and possibly redo the bowtie in that color... all in all the new wheels are nice addition IMO not only for the looks but their practicality as they are lighter than stock.... i'm thinkin about getting a charcoal grey 09 camaro and having gunmetal wheels or have you ever seen black chrome? here's an example:

post-15329-1207757140_thumb.jpg