anybody here drive a S10 SS???

SLOWS10SS

Im getting a 94. I am the only person that has worked on the truck in the last year so I know every problem it has. Currently the CPI is on its last leg but I can fix it so its no big deal. If I had a 98 SS i would keep it. They are the best looking of all the SS's. But if you want to get a Silverado SS then I guess its cool. Im sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your 94. Too bad you got rid of it.

The 98s are the slowest trucks because they are the heaviest and they have to meet more strict emissions regulations. The 94s on the other hand are the fastest due to the fact that they are the lightest and have the CPI motor. Even though the CPI motor is a pain in the ass to find mods for. Chips are really hard to come by due to the fact that the 94s run on OBD I and not OBD II. Oh well. I have driven the truck a few times now and loved it. I only hate the fact that the top speed limiter is still there. It is definitely pretty quick for a pickup truck and also quick for a basically stock S10. It chirps second every time and the kid Im buying it from says that every time I chirp second I get this evil grin on my face. I took it down the 1320 the other night and I got it to go a tenth faster than the previous best. That puts it at 15.5 for now. It still runs pretty strong for a truck with 200,000 plus miles.

On some it doesnt get rid of it, it just ups it to like 250 mph which I dont think my SS will be seeing anytime soon with 4.10 gears. On most it also raises the rev limiter and raises the shift points too which is actually a waste of time with a stock 4.3. Oh well. Im still gonna get one for it.

Archived