What Is Needed To Upgrade Boost?

SlowSierraSS

I have a 04 SSS. It has corsa exhaust, shorty headers, magnacharger with intercooler, cold air intake, built transgo trany, and tune. I am almost 100% sure that it is just a stock pulley with the stock setup that you get from magna. I was wondering what it all takes to up power with a smaller pulley. I was thinking that it was just a pulley and a new tune but wanted to check and make sure.

Basically the general rule of thumb is that you gain 10hp for every 1/10 inch decrease in pulley size. The increase in boost is somewhere between 1/2 pound to 1 pound depending on the blower and setup. :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Ok so a stock pulley is a 3.2 on our setup. What size pulley can you go down to with pump gas or bottom end staying stock? I dont want to have to go with several diffferent pulleys and want to get one and be done for a while. Does anyone know of a AWD dyno in Minnesota that will fit our trucks? If not what other option do I have for tuning in 2WD?

Ok so a stock pulley is a 3.2 on our setup. What size pulley can you go down to with pump gas or bottom end staying stock? I dont want to have to go with several diffferent pulleys and want to get one and be done for a while. Does anyone know of a AWD dyno in Minnesota that will fit our trucks? If not what other option do I have for tuning in 2WD?

Stock pulley is 3.3 now. I've been told you can drop to a 3.0 until you run into problems like needing a built trans. I would get a retune after any pulley swap. If you go below a 3.0 pulley you probably will need bigger injectors. My plan is to go to a 2.80 after i get a fully built trans.

What would the estimate HP rating be with the 3.0 pulley and tune?

not sure. I know the 3.0 added 2 psi of boost over the stock 3.3 pulley so I'm pushing 7 psi of boost right now. I ran a 13.69 with my mods and stock pulley with stock wheels and no weight reduction. I would expect the 3.0 pulley to drop my 1/4 time to low 13's with a perfect tune. I've got lots of bolt-ons. :cheers: