Lifted Ss?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SS is different than a regular Silverado, the differences are the engine,the bumpers,the rims,AWD, better suspension and also better looking than a regular Silverado. It is different than a regular Silverado. On lifting a SS I wouldn't do that, it is a performance truck. A SS truck would look better lowered.

somewhat agreed but you can get the same engine, wheels, suspension in a silverado. all available in a silverado vortec max which looks just like a regular 5.3 or 4.8 silverado.

i personally wouldnt lift an ss and i dont know how the awd would respond to being lifted a good amount but if thats what the guy wants then more power to him.

here are some that look like SS silverados but on has a different front but the right siding and the other is white but everything else looks close! as for the basic silverado lift fitting...well you might be able to rig the four wheel drive set up but that depends largely on what lift you get...body or suspension and even more detail than that is needed! they look good but to make them look real tough you need some type of bull bar or brush guard and then it becomes a real waste to use an SS...better to use a vmax or 2500 for sure!

post-8070-1201061869_thumb.jpg

post-8070-1201061888_thumb.jpg

Edited by smalltownguy (see edit history)

here are some that look like SS silverados but on has a different front but the right siding and the other is white but everything else looks close! as for the basic silverado lift fitting...well you might be able to rig the four wheel drive set up but that depends largely on what lift you get...body or suspension and even more detail than that is needed! they look good but to make them look real tough you need some type of bull bar or brush guard and then it becomes a real waste to use an SS...better to use a vmax or 2500 for sure!

perfect thanks alot any more out there guys ... i would really appreciate it.. thanks

I'm really not sure why anyone would want to lift an SS Silverado. :withstupid:

This is total waste of the LOWERED performance minded suspension -shocks, swaybars, brakes, 20" wheels/tires, ect. If it is a AWD truck, there would most likely be some issues with running larger diameter tires than stock. (right guys?)

If you're buying an SS to get your off-road jollies, -then you are buying it for all the wrong reasons.

Get a Duramax!!! Personally, I baby the hell out of my truck and I would NEVER think of bouncing it around off road.

If getting around in winter is your thing, then invest in some of these babies...

I pass up all kinds of lifted trucks & SUV around here.

100_0343.jpg

100_0342.jpg

100_0344.jpg

-Please don't sell your truck to this guy. :idiot: