Ss Shut Off While Driving

Firered

get 2 cans of seafoam, 1 can of seafoam deep creep or BG cleaner at a dealer. put the 2 cans of seafoam in the gas tank, and use the deep creep/BG cleaner Thur your intake, follow directions. should take care of the stalling issue of dirty TB. best part is you will save over $120.00 doing it yourself :thumbs:

good luck

:seeya:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually since I got the truck under a month ago I told them I wasn't paying a dime. So they ended up doing it for free. I sure wouldn't think its too extensive though. They had mine done in a couple hours. And just for a little update my truck is running much better. No more jumpy idling and it hasn't died. Hope this works out for all you guys having this problem.

I just called the dealership and they think with out seeing maybe a inginition switch going bad? Any comments????

I would say go with the simplest thing first. Clearly a dirty throttle body is prob gonna cost less than a new igntion swith. The dealer wants to make you think the worst going in and then they have a little room to play when it comes to hours you have to pay for.

I just called the dealership and they think with out seeing maybe a inginition switch going bad? Any comments????

As mentioned above, start with the easy stuff first (upper intake cleaning, secure battery terminals etc.) HOWEVER, the ingition switch isn't a bad idea either. I had to fix my brother's 03 silvy and it turned out to be a broken ig. switch wire. It was rubbing for some time and actually had symptoms that you are experiencing before it broke (after it broke it wouldn't run,...obviously). FYI, here is what the ignition switch wire looked at on my bros truck:

Looking in from the drivers front side:

chewedwire1.jpg

A little closer,...the broken ignition switch wire is where the light is shining. I would check to see if you see any abrasion or wear marks at this connection.

chewedwire3.jpg

After a visit to the Dealership ..They have found that the Throttle Body was pretty dirty.. It only costed me $33.00 to get fixed..

The truck runs and performs like the day I bought it.. So far so good.

Thanks for everyone's input and Help.. Peace

• 1 month later...

My 2004 SS with 110,000 Miles on was doing the same thing.

I read on here that it could be the Battery, Well it is NOT the Battery, and NOT the ALT.

I changed Both and Still was having the same Problem.

I then bought some MAF Cleaner for about $3.50, and some Throtle Cleaner for the same price.

RUNS LIKE A NEW MACHINE!!!!!!!!!

Has NOT stalled, NO studdering idle.

Save your self the $$$$ and Clean the Intake and MAF Sensor.

I did both about 3-4 times just to make sure that it was good, and it runs better then it has in a LONG TIME.

My 2004 SS with 110,000 Miles on was doing the same thing.

I read on here that it could be the Battery, Well it is NOT the Battery, and NOT the ALT.

I changed Both and Still was having the same Problem.

I then bought some MAF Cleaner for about $3.50, and some Throtle Cleaner for the same price.

RUNS LIKE A NEW MACHINE!!!!!!!!!

Has NOT stalled, NO studdering idle.

Save your self the $$$$ and Clean the Intake and MAF Sensor.

I did both about 3-4 times just to make sure that it was good, and it runs better then it has in a LONG TIME.

Where exactly is the intake and MAF Sensor at? Have any pictures you can share? The dealer wanted to charge me $130 dollars last week to do this, of course I rejected.