Ss Shut Off While Driving

Firered

I am not a Expert but I think that the Low Idle makes the battery gauge look as if there is a electrical problem. I believe that the alternator must be rotating at over 500RPM to give the full amount of Amps. The Dirty Throtle/Intake makes the engine bog down and go below 500RPM's which makes the Battery Guage look as it is a Electric problem.

I changed both my Battery and Alt, then drove the truck and it stalled on me twice. So I brought the Battery back to the auto parts store along with the core for the alt. (I decided to keep the Alt, due to the 110,000 Miles) I bought CRC Intake/Throtle cleaner, and MAF Cleaner.

Intake and MAF can be cleaned by loosening the 2 hose clams on the Air intake tube, this is the long black "tube" that goes from the Air Cleaner to the Intake. It is a little tight but with some force it will come off.

I manualy opened the butterfly and sprayed the cleaner in, I also used a rag to try and clean what I could from the outside.

I would Spray for short bursts, moving the little red tube that comes with the can of cleaner. I would then start the truck up and keep the RPM around 2000 for a few seconds.

LOTS OF BLACK AND WHITE LOOKING SMOKE.

I just read the directions on the can, and repeated about 3-4 times.

It has been almost 3 weeks now and the truck has not stalled once!!!!

The Truck idles at just over 500RPM when in park, before the idle would jump up and down when it would reach about 300RPM is when I was having the stalling problem.

Sorry no pictures, it is too cold here in Michigan to go and take some.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what brand of throttle body/intake cleaner did you use? my truck is due for an oil change, and i wanted to do all that stuff before i switch over. Did you guys notice the rough idle at stoplights and such? i notice it most when i'm at a light, RPMs are fluctuating up and down around 500.