Squeak At Idle And Slowin Down To Idle!

Well went through her again today and no luck. The noise is for sure coming from the far back lower part of motor. Engine oil was actually really clean.

most people that have been helping me seem to think its some crank or cam bearing so at this point im at a lost on what to do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I would go to slow it would make this sqeak sound u speak of I now have the tranny out thanks to a friend and he saw the torq. conveter bolts were all chewed up so we are thinkin thats what the noise was! Also it was comin from between the trany and motor! But theres a million things it could be, ur just gonna have to take that bitch apart!

Well went through her again today and no luck. The noise is for sure coming from the far back lower part of motor. Engine oil was actually really clean.

most people that have been helping me seem to think its some crank or cam bearing so at this point im at a lost on what to do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

When I would go to slow it would make this sqeak sound u speak of I now have the tranny out thanks to a friend and he saw the torq. conveter bolts were all chewed up so we are thinkin thats what the noise was! Also it was comin from between the trany and motor! But theres a million things it could be, ur just gonna have to take that bitch apart!

did it end up beign the chewed up bolts that where making the noise?

I have the same problem!!! My truck started with this 'squeak squeak' crap about 5k miles ago...only happens after the truck warms up...not the brakes cause the noise stays there with them applied...not the parking brake since I applied that also and the noise stayed the same...not tire noise, i rotated them and they are fairly new...i can hear it louder on the drivers side ( i can hear the sound bouncing off of curbs louder from the drivers side, even from the passenger seat)..I am at a loss now...LOL

I thought it was me being o.c.d. about my truck kicking in again..LMAO

My gut feeling is that one of the dealer techs on this site might know what it is...I would be so pi$%ed if I pulled my trans, bolted it back up and the noise was still there...

my noise sounds similar to a rubber to rubber type of squeak..only when I am going about 3-20 mph...

the pitch stays the same at all speeds, but the rate increases with speed...only while the truck is moving, it stops when the truck stops...I tried shifting to nuetral and shutting off the engine while coasting, the noise was still there (and by the way, our trucks stop even shittier without power brakes! LOL)

It is EXTREMELY annoying...

I dont hear it as bad if my truck is wet though..like after I powerwash the under carridge, the noise disappears until it drys off...i am at a loss now! LOL

I also thought it was dry c.v. boots...I lubed them up, noise did not change either...I am about ready to support her on wheel stands and let someone 'drive' my truck while I crawl around underneath to look/hear the noise...

sounds like a dry u-joint to me man

• 2 weeks later...

yeserday when i was out driving for a few hours the sqeak seemed to stop or go away for about 20 mins.

but then it came back.

is their any kind of stuff i could add to my oil to help make this sound go away, im lost what to do i dont have much money so if my engine breaks im ****ed.

yeserday when i was out driving for a few hours the sqeak seemed to stop or go away for about 20 mins.

but then it came back.

is their any kind of stuff i could add to my oil to help make this sound go away, im lost what to do i dont have much money so if my engine breaks im ****ed.

You need to get the truck back to the transmission shop ASAP and tell them to finish the job; the job's not done until it's done right. If they care at all (most do) they'll jump right into it and figure out the issue. I'm sure your engine is just fine, these trucks are blessed with great powerplants.

Mr. P.

You need to get the truck back to the transmission shop ASAP and tell them to finish the job; the job's not done until it's done right. If they care at all (most do) they'll jump right into it and figure out the issue. I'm sure your engine is just fine, these trucks are blessed with great powerplants.

Mr. P.

Yea Danny's dad said my TQ converter bolts were all chewed up! Also the second gear band was almost gone!

ill call the shop on monday and see what they say, the sound only seems to start when the tranny temp hits 160ish

i dont really know what any of these parts are but here is what all got done to the tranny.

4l65e 2002-up rebuild kit w/pistons

6l60e deep pan truck

tranmission fluid

700r4 band wide type kevlar

valve body kit

3-4 hi-perf clutch pack red and kolene

thm700r4 corvette 2-4 servo

epc solenoid 2003-up

3-4 kolene steel plates

servo piston kit

2-3 capsule

converter clutch solenoid

hd "beast" sun gear shell

late 4l60e converter

bushing kit

valve body repair kit

reverse input clutch drum

I hope that solved your problem...I will be taking mine to the stealership next week...I just don't have the time because of work and family obligations...I will be driving to Alabama from Michigan with my son and my gf...Just don't want a 'kaboom' in the middle of nowhere...lol

I noticed this post moved up, so I thought I would let you all know how I am going to tackle it...

I plan on asking the dealership techs to check the bearings, u-joints and whatever else might be the problem...hopefully not the trans, I just bought a house...

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2006 silverado 4.3 4l60

I'm getting the same squeak sound as of this week........only makes the noise after my truck has warmed up and is sitting in gear, in traffic.

I parked it, put the Ebrake on and put the trans back in gear......the noise is definately coming from the bellhousing area.