Tweekin The Radix

well as many of u know.. i smoked the motor .. and i took my radix to my motor builder... and he was excited to see it.. he said he would pull it appart and check everthing.. and he said it look alot like the most of the mustang ones he had pretty good luck with some how he found a way of cleaning them up between the screws and the lower intake to make them flow better normal right around 2psi more..and he said he might be able to do mine .. but he would have to pull it apart first to see if there anything worth doin or not..

so anyways i was just curious if anyone had heard of anyone doin this or not?? il get more details probly tomorrow when i stop by.. but i only had a min or to to talk about it with him so im not sure what all he was talkin about

sounds like he is going to port match the lower intake?? I would not mess with it, those units are nicely built so get it checked but I dont think it will be worth the risk of damaging the Supercharger. I think that the guy who had your truck b4 was @ its upper limits. So just get her back together before the summer so you can enjoy the cool temps in the spring.

Yeah, he might be looking to port the inlet and outlet. We used to do it all the time on the Eaton M90's, but the M112 is pretty much maxed out. If you want more power from the radix kit, look at the Mp122 upgrade from magnuson. I dont know what it costs, but it will give you the power you are looking for. Otherwise, just have him clean and rebuild it, dont risk customizing it, because if it goes wrong, you will be buying a new blower anyways and had to pay for the port work.

thanks guys..

im just always curious at new things is all.. i think it was the eaton it was doing it to before but i cant rember .. ya the tvs 1900 looks pretty bad ass for sure i know i want one was just reading about one 13 psi and it made 770hp and 750lb ft and it made like 706lb ft at 1500 rpms.. torque monster!!!!!..or even a 2300..lol to bad i cant send mine in a get some comp money in on a new one..id have to sell mine and thats just a pain in the ass.. and im sure id have to buy a whole new kit and eventhing :( out of my budget im sure

Actually, you could sell just your m112 blower and let the new owner buy a box "2" from magnuson. You keep your intercooler, pump, wiring, hoses, etc. You could still fetch probably $2k+ for the blower unit and put it towards the upgrade of the new unit. Everyone wins that way.

Yeah I believe those mustangs have the same eaton 112 as we do. I have always heard about them "porting the blower" and getting gobs more power. I have a friend who has an 03 Cobra that has a ported blower that makes 570whp with the factory 112 on that little ass 4.6. I believe it is the equivalent to us buying a bigger J-tube (them porting) but they still get crazy power....its gotta be the extra timing that they can afford to add that we cant with the higher comp.

Edited by BlackSSS SC'd (see edit history)

well thanks for the advice.. i probly wont do it...but i im curious.. im glad some one else had heard the same thing i had.. i guess im just more curious then anything.. the guy that im talkin about isnt just some joe blow so i trust him..there some build mostly mod motors.. there tryin to set new records all the time.. i guess right now there doin a land speed car..he hes a chevy guy though so that makes me feel better.. like i said i probly wont do it.. not anyting untill i find more out.. i will find out exactlly what he was talkin about and let ya know

well i talked to him alil more today on my lunch didnt have much time... but the changer he was haven all the luck with on the mustang was a whipple.. and all he was basicly doin was cleanin up the manifold.. so hes not touchin the blower at all really.. its kinda like puttin a bigger j tube .. lettin it get in the blower faster.. and out of the blower as fast and clean as possible

still hasnt had a chance to crack my blower open to see if everythings a ok or no so much..this is killin me