Probox Vs. Jl Audio Stealthboxes

Still contemplating JL Audio Stealth Boxes vs. the Probox. At least I've narrowed it down to 2 selections.

Anyone care to give their honest opinion on these 2 or any other boxes for that matter. I researched for several hours last night and other than a custom build I found these 2 options to be the best.

I listen to all kinds of music and I like it loud and musical.

I don't want to spend a whole lotta $$$, but I will spend to get the best without sacrificing the back seat or going the bed/cab pass through route.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

-Ron

okay i just went through this same thing...i bought the one stealthbox loaded with a w6...let me say i was astonished in how good it sounded...then the problems started. the sub would start jumping out of the box when i would crank it...the port would start popping and it sounded like i was going to kill the sub. it was removed from my truck sub tested( okay) box disassembled as far as it could be and inspected (okay). in the end i just wasnt happy. so i took it back and got the loaded probox. i could not be happier. it sounds amazing (is not as clean as the jl, but still good) and can handle anything i throw at it.

i have the older of this...it doesnt have the window.

http://www.proboxrocks.com/products/enclos...400/index.shtml

i wish i had known the two 10 was coming out i would have gotten that one.

go probox.

mine is loaded with the probox sub and i am very impressed with the sound.i have a memphis belle pushing it with probably 600watts or so...it doesnt miss a beat. there is a song by a rapper named twista (dont know if many of you know who he is) called "pimp like me" off of his recent album adrenaline rush 2007...anyways after a few seconds the song has a huge drop, the stealth box ( and other jl subs in the audio shop) fell apart with this drop...the probox can handle it. it doesnt quite drop as low, but i think that maybe a tuning issue...

oh yea i forgot to mention. probox consider these as high out put boxes. one of the reccomendations for the amp is to have a bass boost, have it turned on and to turn the gain down a little lower. when i first heard the probox model that is in my truck, the audio shop had a guy that worked there with a 2003 silverado. they had put one in his truck with a el cheapo Total mobile audio 1000 watt amp. it was MUCH louder than with my belle...because it had the bass boost.

Personally from my experience the only way to get the best sound without removing any seats is blow through system! custom box with 3 or more 10" or 12" woofers sit it in the bed and get it ported through your bed into your cab! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::pimp: .

I will be going custom under the seats. I was really thinking pass through but I would lose all kinds of bed space. We are looking at 4-8" Kicker L-7s in a fiberglass enclosure. All woofs will be down-firing and the view will be from the top looking down on the magnets. Amps will go on back wall, behind the seat. It is still in the planning stages right now so we shall see what I end up with.

Thanks.

I will be going custom under the seats. I was really thinking pass through but I would lose all kinds of bed space. We are looking at 4-8" Kicker L-7s in a fiberglass enclosure. All woofs will be down-firing and the view will be from the top looking down on the magnets. Amps will go on back wall, behind the seat. It is still in the planning stages right now so we shall see what I end up with.

Thanks.

Custom all the way. I have 1 L5 10 and it slams in my TBSS of coarse the box was built for the sub and I'm using a alpine PDX11000 to power it.