Factory Keyless Entry

lilmarv1117

I just recently took my truck to get serviced for the instrument cluster repair, under warrenty, and i figured i would have the dealership look at my one keyless entry remote to see what was going on...Well it was told that i have a defective remote...and it would cost $60 for the replacement remote and $140 for the labor to program the new remote...I ended up telling the guy to screw it...i wasnt paying $300 for only one keyless entry remote!! when i can get a decent after market alarm/remote start for a couple hundred more! So my question is....Is there an easier way to purchase a keyless entry remote and program myself??

Thanks

find the make ready department and see if they have any extras laying around. i lost my original one and just happened to ask one of the guys back there and he pulled out this big bag of exxtra remotes. we found and it took him all of two minutes to program it. so ig ot mine for free

Try replacing the battery in the remote before replacing the transmitter, CR2032 is the battery number. $140 to program a new transmitter in is :icon_bs: it takes not even 10 minutes to program one in.

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I just did one as well.

CHEVROLET: 2003 SILVERADO

1. Close all vehicle doors.

2. Insert the key into the ignition.

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed

to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks.

This step may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

Well it was told that i have a defective remote...and it would cost $60 for the replacement remote and $140 for the labor to program the new remote.

Thats a bullshit quote to program a remote, it takes like 10 minutes at the most to do with a tech 2. I usually charge like 30 minutes to do it. That means they were gonna charge you like 1.8 hours to do it, WTF??? That place is a ripoff

thats what i told the dealership tech ...i said he was crazy to charge that much for just a KEYLESS entry...its not even a security system....They still charged me $53 dollars to diagnose that the remote was defective....Then dealership wonder why people dont take their vechiles there after warrenties are up!!