Finally Got Me A Beater

smoke03

Well My Fiance got a new car so i took her old truck...AND please dont shoot me for this but...for my daily 64 mile round trip commute i wil be driving a 2000 Black FORD ranger. Id post pics but im sure you all know what it looks like. And yeah its crippled, she just so happened to tag a mailbox with the pass. side mirror so now it only has one mirror. The truck has a name as well. Its earl. Dont ask me I dont know why she named it that but she siad that the only way she would let me have it is if i promised to leave the lic. plate on the front that said Earl.

On a good note... I will be getting alot better Gas mileaage and instead of payin $80.00 at the pump...now i only have to pay like $40.00 or so to fill it up and go just as far if not farther on a tank of gas And I can quit racking up the miles on my beloved SSS.

my beater hasn't moved for a couple months now, but it will soon. I work from home now but damn if I don't still drive a lot. Got to get new tags for the bester next week and she'll be ready to go. got to put the baby seat in her.

Put it this way, driving your SS will be a lot more rewarding after driving the beater. My work truck isn't the nicest, and after driving that all day, it feels great jumping in the SS and crusing home.

Another thing you could do is buy yourself a decent but inexpensive cd player and speakers and put it in the ranger. It will make the ride a little more enjoyable.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)