SS Trouble

whitebowtie

I was driving the SS last night and nailed it. I let off at the 1-2 shift but changed my mind and punched it in the middle of the shift. It kicked it back it into first for a split second and when it shifted to 2 a little orange light blinked on for about a second. It was in the top row at the far left. i didnt see what it read, but is there any way to know what it was? Is there some way to light up all the lights on the panel??? Thanks for your help!

Don't all the dash lights come on when you first turn the key to the "on" position? (before starting) :wtf:

I'd guess "service engine" light from the location you described. Maybe you bounced off the rev limiter with that funny shift. Any more problems, or is it back to normal now?

There's an orange security icon upper left, looks like a vehicle with a lock through it. The other morning mine was flashing, cycled the ignition a couple times, it still flashed. After it sat all day it must have reset itself, no more flash. :confused:

WW :sleep:

Can't tell. The manual gives a diagram, but doesnt explain the two that it could have been. one looked like light with beams going out. (not high beams. the indicator was on the very top row) the other was a little double loop type deal... oh well. who cares. its under the extended warranty until 2007 or 82K miles. Thats not what you want to hear if you want to mod it, huh? Also, it mentions that if the vehicle is raced, the warranty is void. how would they know? If they didnt want you past 4K RPM they would limit it...

That's the "Oh Crap, You Cloned Out Now" warning light. It's usually followed by the "OIL", and then the "Check Engine" light. Which is promptly followed by the "Grab Your Checkbook, this Ain't covered by the Warranty" light! :jester::jester::lol:

Archived