Hey all, I'm Joe, a newbie. Always like the looks of the SS trucks, and am looking to get one here in a few months(wife says I need a good vehicle to haul my son in :) ) so I figure what better, than a SS truck. I've been thinking of getting a 04 or 05, simply because I think the AWD would be cool. What is your guys opinion on what year I should get? I don't know anyone that has an SS truck, or I'd ask them. What things should I look for and steer clear of when buying my truck? Any help will be appreciated, and thanks for having me as a member.

Joe :chevy:

03-04 are all awd

I think you could get the 05 in AWD or RWD. Ive got an 03 and I love mine! Welcome to the site. And if you buy one of these trucks then you better go ahead and get the wallet out...the mod bug WILL get you!

03-04 are all awd

I think you could get the 05 in AWD or RWD. Ive got an 03 and I love mine! Welcome to the site. And if you buy one of these trucks then you better go ahead and get the wallet out...the mod bug WILL get you!

Is one year better than the other? I already have a wish list of things I want to do to it.

Mine's an '03. I've had it since July, 2004 and never regreted it (even when I have to buy gas). I've done some minor modifications and dress up things. Have a look in the Garage section of the site. Many of the site members have posted there. You'll find some of the popular modifications, and pictures of them too. Welcome! :cheers:

Thanks everybody. Looking through the classifieds, there aren't a lot in Indy area for sale, however, I did come across a '03 SS, Black, 37K Miles, for only $21,980.00 I didn't think that was too bad of a price, so I might go check it out.

:withstupid: i love my 2WD, burnouts on command cant beat that.... welcome to the site....

Thanks everybody. Looking through the classifieds, there aren't a lot in Indy area for sale, however, I did come across a '03 SS, Black, 37K Miles, for only $21,980.00 I didn't think that was too bad of a price, so I might go check it out.

thats not a bad price considering the milage on it. got check it out see how u lik it. good luck

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)