Precision Converter

04CHASE

i have a precision converter i sent out today to be fixed( input hub broke on me)

im going with a different converter again . this unit will be good as new when it comes back i had it in my truck for no more than 2k miles and since its going back to pi they make sure everything is in perfect condition . this converter cost me almost 1k new . its a 10.5 inch converter 3000-3200 stall with triple disc clutches.

looking for 725+ shipping obo.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the same tcs. there are two tcs companies, one in canada and one in lake havasu arizona , i origianlly had the one from canada. this one is from arizona. i didntl like the feel of the precision , it felt tighter than a 3000 stall to me and locked up so hard. it felt like a 5th gear. the guy at tcs think i can not break this new one , the converter is nice , made from billet and he said most companies use an input hub made from cheaper metal , his is forged steel that been treated. i honestly hope the clutches in this one dont grab as hard because i think that partially the reason mine died. or some other mechanical mishap in the tranny that may have caused the pump to go full pressure when locking. so we will see what happens.

I've had nothing but great luck with my PI and I love it. If I had the coin, I would buy yours as a back-up just in case. Free bump for a great converter.

:withstupid: I haven't been to kind to mine and it hasn't failed on me yet. I agree on the lock up clutches though, they do grab very hard.

now with a day of driving its night and day difference , this stall has the charateristics of an almost stock stall until you flash stall it. this converter honestly would behave good in a 2wd.

brake stall is when you mash the brake pedal and slowly bring the rpms until the truck creeps forward.

flash stall is when you mash the brake and quickly bring the rpms up as you let off the brake pedal , it takes a bit more practice and skill to pull off good but you will be in high rpms very quickly. maybe someone else can describe what a flash stall is.