Cross Drilled/slotted Rotors?

yttaf

well it is worth it to get the eradispeed rotors that are 14" slotted/drilled for like $800 or brembo just released there rotor upgrade kit it consists of 14.4" crossdrilled rotors, stainless steel lines, brake pads for like $1,100

Any links to these Brembos?

Regards,

Dan

Might be wise to go ahead and get a size upgrade with the rotor upgrade... since the brakes on the '03 to '04 arn't the best....

So what makes the 03 to 04 brakes not as good as the 05+. Just cause they are smaller disks?

Basically, GM screwed up on those years. They threw on the 20 inch wheels, drastically increasing the rotating mass, however, they didn't upgrade the brakes to handle the larger mass they must slow down.

Ain't really a problem anymore, since 20inch wheels are the normal now. Still must remember, you're trying to stop over 6,000lbs of truck alone, not including people nor cargo.

the slotted rotors look like a good deal. So do we have to stay with stock size rotors to use 16" track wheels? I plan to go to a 2.8 pulley so i see 16" drags in my future.

another question: Where do we get rear rotors?

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

these I found were $140 for the fronts with any combo of cross drilled or slotted or both & they are powder coated & come with front brake pads.

cheaper drilled rotors tend to crack between holes relatively easy. the holes are pretty much totally a cosmetic upgrade as they will do nothing for you other than look good :D go with a good slotted rotr. i would use the Powerslot brand kit that not only have the slots but are a couple inches bigger and use a bracket to relocate the factory caliper. you will pretty much have the same kit as if you bought the baer alumasports.

I got these slotted and "drilled" rotors when I did my front brakes. They arent really drilled, its just dimples, which is better imo cause I dont want them to crack... I only got these cause they were about the same as GM rotors and they look better. I doubt there is much more, if any, braking performance with em- but they did save my ass today cause I almost rear ended someone.