Car Show Display Ideas

Jaymz

I'm going to be entering my 03 Sss in the "counts car show" here in rapid city, S.D. This will be my first ever car show entry. I dont expect to win anything, just simply doing it for the experiance, and hopefully meeting sum new SS fans. I have yet to install my 2/3 belltech drop and tonneau cover, but should finish in time.

I'm drawing a blank as far as the display ideas, I've been to plenty of car shows and saw others, but have no clue for my truck. has anyone here entered before that could give me sum hints/tips/ideas?

My truck is victory red/w black accents/stripes/rims. I was thinking red or black carpet..wife wants to throw fake flowers around or sumthing :confused: ( good god, save me.)

anyone know where to get some stands and ropes ? whats the best to use? cheapest?

and any ideas on a display board (material/construction/what to include) would be awesome.

as you can tell im hurting bad for input, so thanks in advance for replys :cool:

tell your wife people came to see bitchen cars not some lame fake flowers

first thing IMO, is attention to DETAIL... yea, get it detailed like its never been done before... look at your truck objectively, and what you can see, so can everyone else... fix it, paint it, or cover what ever looks like crap. I would rather look at a super clean ride that wasnt modded to the hilt than to look at one thats modded completely that's dirty...

someone will talk sh*t in a heartbeat about a 250,000+ car if it has finger prints or dirt anywhere... if its dirty, dont show it - i.e. bed of truck, engine, etc...

Dont cover your ride in armor all... that looks like you went crazy at autozone at the last minute...

keep novelties to a minimum! this includes lame flowers, minature toy trucks - even if it is painted to match - still lame, etc.

finally, always remember - there is always something faster, nicer, cleaner... be proud of your truck, doesnt matter who else shows up... DON'T be a hater.

Most important - Have Fun!

D

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Thanks for the tips bodyguard ! :) (couldn't agree with you more, but you can tell my wife that. shes only 110lbs but can make me cry in under 10 seconds) :uhoh:

The car show is at the civic center FEB 29th through MARCH 2nd, hope to see you there !! :cheers:

Like dave said, detail every nook and cranny of your truck, and make sure to bring some spray detailer and a few other things with you the day of the show. As far as the display goes, keep it simple. If you have your original window sticker, get it laminated and put it on display. Frame your certificate of origin too. If you have time slips, you can frame them and place them out also. The other stuff is not necessary.

Good luck, have a great time........make sure to post some pics here also! :chevy:

Man I miss car shows. I hope to hit a few as soon as I get my SS. As stated before clean, clean, clean. Keep the doors open and windows down. Buckle your seat belts, keep the hood all the way open or prop it open with something unique. People use front srpings or some sort of detailing bottle. Make sure it is clean. If you want to go crazy get a battle board. Something that shows what the truck is all about. If you are creative you can do one up yourself and take it to a print shop to have it put on a board. I have pulled wheels before. Usually one of the fronts and tilted the tire against the front bumper. Or you can use a tire stand. If you do this make sure the suspension and wheel well is clean and also the inside of the wheel you took off. All you need to use is a good quality floor jack to keep the truck up. Lower the jack until the truck sits level. I used painted cans for OIL, FUEL and WATER. This is more for the hardcore guys, but still looks cool. Most shows score on points. So the more stuff you do the more points. Most of the judges are pretty cool. Ask to look at a score sheet to see what they are looking for. look at some of the other vehicles to get ideas from, but try to be original. As everyone else said just have fun. Sit back and enjoy everyone checking your ride out. Oh ya, sun screen it will be a long day. Post pics!

Thanks everyone for all the tips! really appreciate it :cheers:

I'll be sure to post pics, maybe even the night before the show... so you guys can chime in on dos' and do nots' hah. I'll have a full night for setup, before the first day.

while im installing the 2/3 drop I've already decided to sand, and repaint the rear axle, new shocks, and new pumpkin cover. I also have a red caliper paint kit. hopefully that will clean up the underside a bit.

I just made sure that I detailed mine, and kept it simple. I made up a simple poster that listed the specs/and what I had done to the truck. At the top of the poster I had put "Chases' Cruiser"......which is in reference to my 4 yr old son Chase....below that I put up a big picture of him posing in front of the truck. My son and I sat beside the truck, and you wouldn't believe the number of comments we received................not to mention the "hotties" that would stop by and say "Awww, he's soooooo cute"............. :cheers: Yes, I know, I'm a bad parent for using my son that way.... :rolleyes: Seriously though, when it comes to a car show display----Less is More.......................

Just tryin to think of sumthing creative i could use for a rope. I saw some construction tape at menards, it was red and said "danger" in black on it. might be tacky.. but i figured it would be simple, and unique.

Like others have said, keep it clean and simple. It's not uncommon for the judge to crawl under the vehicle to look for dirt.

I've had points deducted for having sand on the frame after the judge laid next to the truck and reached as far as he could

behind the front tire.

Here's a couple of photos of my display:

DSC04472.jpg

DSC04479.jpg

Be creative with your stancheons. I tell people I found a use for Dodge truck parts.

(SRT10 Ram rotors with Dana 60 axles, black rope from Home Depot)