I Know Alot Of You Guys Dont Like 26s But...

mvpd34

I don't understand why people hate on others for putting big wheels on an SS. When it comes down to it, the SS is basically an "appearance" package. I wouldn't concider the SS a performance truck, especially in stock condition. 15 sec. quarter mile isn't fast.

There are two ways that you can use the SS. Either add performance goodies or continue to work on the appearance, hence adding big chrome wheels.

So please give respect to those who choose to lean towards the "appearance" end of the hobby.

:withstupid::withstupid: COULDN'T HAVE BEEN SAID BETTER :thumbs:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its the angle, but those don't look like 26's to me... 24's maybe.... especially when you consider proportions compared to a newer bodystyle truck... those should look HUGE on a SSS.

Just a picture for reference... these are 26's... they look huge compared to yours. Not calling you a liar... just that maybe the angle misrepresents them a tad... cuz they look small to me (for 26's)

image0013.jpg

i agree

my 24s on my tahoe are HEAVY..... and it is completely stock engine wise, and it runs a high 17/mid 18s :lol: but to me, on that tahoe, i dont need it to go fast. to each his own.... not too bad tho. welcome :cheers:

edit: AND not all trucks with big wheels are slow anyways... i run 12s on my 24s with my eyes closed :dunno:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

well I have an 08 droptop vette too (so thats my speed)...I like big wheels but i am not a fan of raising a car up to fit bigger wheels on. they are 26s though. I know the angle is bad. I see some nice trucks on this site myself and thx for welcoming me. i do tend to lean towards the appearance of a vehicle and leave the performance up to the manufacturer. Besides a chip, flowmasters and the intimidator style bed cover its stock....oh yeah...and avic-n4.

thx for the comments though.

Edited by mvpd34 (see edit history)