Opinions Please

wopc69

Well lets see i was visiting a friend helping him on his boat when his kid decides to use my truck as a jungle gym!!!!! Well the kid confesses so my buddy says he will take care of it money wise. i dont want to stick it to him but i want my truck back in the shape before it happend. Problem is its hard to tell which scratches was from him and which where there i mean im pretty sure there were next to none, but i know my truck wasnt perfect. He wants me to bring it over for him to polish it out and then go from there. But to tell you the truth he isnt very handy so im very hesitant but once again hes my friend. All im looking for here is opinions,now i will cry myself to sleep.

i agree... take it to a professional and get it done right. maybe pay like 15% or something ? if you had a few dings before it happend, you'll come out on top so it wouldn't hurt payin a few bucks

good luck!

run your fingernail across the scratches. if they catch your nail they will NOT buff out. def take it to a pro buffer, that way if they burn through the paint they have to foot the bill for repaint. shouldnt cost you to much to have the truck buffed. just something to consider, someone who doesnt know what their doing with a buffer can totally f##k your paint up. also a high speed buffer is what you really want to use, hand rubbing is good for smaller stuff. the buffer at my shop usually charges $100 to $150 to buff someones ride "on the side". if hes as good of a friend as you say he'll want to make it right so dont lose any sleep over it.

Talked to him today and he goes into garage to get buffer :help: and i say wait man we should let a pro do it cause they use special products and wont burn my clear coat off.

so he agrees and hes gonna foot the bill. Thats a true friend :cheers:

Talked to him today and he goes into garage to get buffer :help: and i say wait man we should let a pro do it cause they use special products and wont burn my clear coat off.

so he agrees and hes gonna foot the bill. Thats a true friend :cheers:

I feel your pain man. I'm always afraid of bringing my truck over to my friends house because his son always wants to jump around in the bed and slide on the bed rail. Jeans can kill paint.

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)