No More Der Shiney Stuff!

DER is a product I've repeatedly recommended over the years... I even have a wrietup here on the site on the best practices for using it which a lot of members have used with great success.

Sadly yesterday I learned that DER is closing up shop... its sad to see them go b/c I've been a fan of theirs going on 10 years now.

Figured I'd just give you guys who are using it a heads up that you might want to make the most of the supply you have left. I am on a mission to find a similar product that performs as well for the average do it yourself weekend detail by hand.

I do have some of their stuff in my supply cabinet still so if anyone is really hard up for a little bit I can maybe portion some of it out. I have also sent Dave (the owner) a letter expressing an interest in buying his formula and info about his raw material suppliers so that I can maybe continue producing it... we'll see how that goes.

In any event those of you who followed my advice and started using DER are, I'm sure, as disappointed by this as I am b/c it really is a great product. I'll keep you posted.

Wow that is crazy. Was there a reason for closing up? They seem to have a pretty good following, and the product is great.

I think Dave is just ready to retire... keep your fingers crossed hes interested in a buyout... if I can take it over for a reasonable price I'll rebrand it and take it in a new direction. I've already got a call into my bank to check on a small business loan rate. :cheers:

I think Dave is just ready to retire... keep your fingers crossed hes interested in a buyout... if I can take it over for a reasonable price I'll rebrand it and take it in a new direction. I've already got a call into my bank to check on a small business loan rate. :cheers:

More power to you bro :cheers:

hey man.. i can possibly help you out with web design.. maybe host the new der site..??

of course that means you gotta fly to joliet and give my SS a Dylan treatment once a year LOL

Getting a little ahead of me there man... I don't even know if hes WILLING to sell yet... and it might be out of my price range... we'll see.

Nevermind....I just received this after I posted... :banghead:

Dear Brian,

We are very sorry to inform you that our store is closing its doors. I know

that you placed an order on the 20th of last month. Please do not worry as

your credit card has not been charged.

We apologize for any trouble this may have caused you, and we thank you for

your interest in our products.

All the best to you and yours,

Der Real Stuff

i really liked the DER stuff product.. but the shelf life of it was terrible for me for some reason.

Did you keep the red plugs in under the lids? The squirt tops are not air tight so if you don't replace the red plugs after use it will dry out.