Ss Shopping

Tzer

Hi Everyone.

I've been looking for an SS for a couple months now and think I found a Red 04 with 35,000 miles. Previous owner already had the front axles rebuilt, is that common for that to need rebuilt for such low mileage?

One other thing about it is bugging me.

I wanted it to have the "Auto Climate Control" for the heating & AC rather then the manual bars. Well come to find out it has the manual. :/

Question is can I purchase the "Auto Control Unit" and plug and play it into the manuals place or is there more to it then that?

The truck is about an hour away so before I go look/purchase it I thought I'd ask the experts because I think this small isuue would bug the crap out of me. I know it's stupid but it's just my personal taste.

Thanks for your time. Wish me luck :D

Tzer

Edited by Tzer (see edit history)

Some have had their front diffs replaced/rebuilt as all of the AWD SS's have the notorious "frontend growl". I have 40k+ on my 03 and have not had any repairs to it, but it does growl some. As for the climate controls, others have looked into it and they pretty much determined that it is a real project to do it. Here is a thread that talks about it.

Some have had their front diffs replaced/rebuilt as all of the AWD SS's have the notorious "frontend growl". I have 40k+ on my 03 and have not had any repairs to it, but it does growl some. As for the climate controls, others have looked into it and they pretty much determined that it is a real project to do it. Here is a thread that talks about it.

Thank you Rays B4U for the quick reply.

I'm off to look at another red one here in town. it's got 65,000 but for as much as I drive it would take me 5 years to get 100,000 LOL

I'll let you all know the outcome. I might be an SS owner here shortly ;)

Tzer

Thanks for the welcome.

Well. I had to make an adjusment to my profile.

I am now the owner of a 03, Victory red, SS whoooo woooo.

It's all stock, 65,000 miles, new tires and carpet (Due to previous owner took his Great Dane with him everywhere).

They were asking $20,995.00

I had an 95 Z-71 Ext Cab with 98,500 miles in very good shape in and out for a trade.

The final outcome came to...

My Truck + $17,107 which included a 4 year, 48,000 mile Platinum Warranty.

$21,000 asking price

- $1,000 off voucher I got in the mail that ended today.

- $5,500 trade in for my truck

+ $2,500 Extended Bumper to Bumper Warranty 4 years, 48,000 mile from todays date and from starting current mileage. So I'm covered till  113,000 mile ;)

They originally only offered me $4,500 for my trade in but when I brought up Extended Warranty and that I knew they were Negotable. The salesman actually went to check on the price and said they wanted $3,500 be we could have it for $2,500. So that brought my total to $18,000. I said I'll give your $16,500 including the warranty. He came back with, well they'll go $17,107 and bumped up the trade in value. So that will help counter the taxes due when I reg it.

There was some paint chipped of the talegate hande and bezal that I said needed fix as well as some tiny chips in like 5 places. I wanted new floor mats, an ashtray, a better detal job. Buffed out, (not that it really needs it but he brought it up) and the A/C Heat system checked. because when I dialed over to A/C it took a little bit but then kicked in. But when I went back to heat the wifes side warmed up right away and the driver side stayed cool. But after lookin in the manual it was probably an error on Me. I didn't change over to A/C and it wasn't in AUTO. Oh he's tossing in a full tank of gas and 1 free oil change as well. It had a ½ tank of gas in it. He said hell use up what's in it and when I come to get it on Monday to do the "We Owes" He'll fill it up then ;)

I'll shut up now.

Just thought I'd share a pleasent experance at a Stealership.

I know you all will say post some pic's. We'll they had it listed on Ebay so I'll just post that link :)

My New Ride

Tzer

Thank you for the welcome folks.

drclaw I'm near Sedalia pretty much center of Kansas City & St. Louis.

Small town living but Hey! What's a Smog Test?

LOL Seriously. Since moving here from Cali I haven't missed dealing with all that. I do miss the Family there, the Beach, Pick A Part's, Car Swaps & shows and some of food places. In & Out Burger for one :D. Everytime we fly back that's the first stop once we leave the airport.

Now I need to find out how or what type of ashtray is used in these SS's, It didn't have one so the salesman gave me one or part of one. I've seen pic's where it was located next to the cup holders in the long oval opening. But what he gave me would just slide around if I stuck it there. Oh well. 1st mod LMAO

Tzer