Do I Even Have A Chance To Sue

prtofcali

So heres the situation. I took the truck to the dealer to have some axle work done. Appearantly all they did was lube the axle. Thats it according to them. Well, a few days after getting it back I went to apply the brakes and nothing happened. Also I noticed that the E Brake didnt hold the truck like it did before I brought it in. So needless to say I crashed her. Nothing to bad but some definite body damage. $10,000 to be exact. So I guess thats bad enough. My question is do I even have a case here??? The body shop said they didnt notice anything wrong with the rear axle or brakes but suggested that I get a second opinion. The Ins. company suggested the same as well. I dont want millions of dollars or anything just them to pay for the repairs and claim fault......Thanks guys.....

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear. I would most definitely get someone else to look it over to see if it is all just a coincidence or something was done to of caused the accident. Maybe someone got axle lube on the rear brakes.

Have any pics? Just curious to see. Good Luck!

ive worked at three dealerships for the past 4 years......and if it were me i would get all the information you can from the dealership....ask for every peice of paper work they have if they say they have an office copy get a copy of that for yourself. then ask them what was performed on the truck exactly. sometimes they touch things you wouldnt expect. !!!! dealerships find things wrong with your vehicle!!! the mechanics are told to find other thihngs wrong with the car than what the customer noticed ie brakes#1 rear diffs#2....etc. then take it to another mechanic and inspect the faulty areas. its defintly a possiblilty they could be a t fault but not a definit good luck man

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear. I would most definitely get someone else to look it over to see if it is all just a coincidence or something was done to of caused the accident. Maybe someone got axle lube on the rear brakes.

Have any pics? Just curious to see. Good Luck!

:withstupid:

sec opinion is needed. Call a lawyer to see what he says

......and if it were me i would get all the information you can from the dealership....ask for every peice of paper work they have if they say they have an office copy get a copy of that for yourself. then ask them what was performed on the truck exactly. sometimes they touch things you wouldnt expect. !!!!................its defintly a possiblilty they could be a t fault but not a definit good luck man

Good luck man, keep us posted! :chevy:

Appearantly all they did was lube the axle. Thats it according to them. Well, a few days after getting it back I went to apply the brakes and nothing happened.

How long after the work was done did this happen?

He said a few days.

Well, the body shop said they did a bubble test to see if there was air in the lines and it came back as no air in the lines. Here is the other thing, according to the dealer, they tore the axle apart and did all this work and it took them 2 days to find the problem. When the body shop put the truck in the air to see if there was any underbody damage there was no sign of the axle being removed what so ever. So if i was lied to and charged all this money to get the axle fixed and all they did was grease it up it leads me to believe that they lied about other things and possibly messed with the brake system thinking the problem was with that rather than the axle. I dont know..... Its a confusing one......!!!!! :(:(