Look At This Pic

balta2006ss

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a real SS... not even a silverado... its actually a Tahoe that has the HD front end conversion done to it. It has a complete solid front axle conversion (rockwells I believe) and rolls on 52" military truck tires. It used to belong to a member of GMFS and STS (MyLevel52) and he sold it shortly after it was completed by BNC offroad.

For all the critical comments you guys are making there sure are a lot of incorrect assumptions about capability and what was done.

leafs003.jpg

james5.jpg

jamesbrake.jpg

jamestube3.jpg

bnc2.jpg

tahoebnc003.jpg

parts002.jpg

081.jpg

fronton004.jpg

100_0633.jpg

100_0636.jpg

I believe the SS front bumper was added by the new owner... IMO its not a practical truck but thats not the point is it? Being that the tires are not DOT approved, I believe it has hydrolic assisted steering, and axle brakes its not even street legal. It would be very capable offroad with those rockwells... not for crawling but the thing could easily bonzai thru the dunes no problem at all. Its a show vehicle more than anything guys... so maybe hold some of the criticism unless you really know what you're talking about. At the very least concede the fact that there is some serious skill, time, and money involved in building something like it and I doubt highly most of those throwing out the negative comments possess the skill or money to do something similar.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

I dig the truck, especially the custom tubing in the pics added by Dylan. I simply was saying that he possibly is lacking something in the junk department and that was just a joke. Please Dylan, don't post any pics of that! :jester:

I dig the truck, especially the custom tubing in the pics added by Dylan. I simply was saying that he possibly is lacking something in the junk department and that was just a joke. Please Dylan, don't post any pics of that! :jester:

Eh... the same could be said about any of us who spend a ton of money on our trucks... I personally don't spend my time contemplating what other men are packing in relation to their vehicle size/cost... but thats just me.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)