08' Mini Sprint Build Up

Jaymz

Well its that time of year again ! Every season we tear the car down and completely rebuild it. I thought i'd share some pictures of the progress with you guys and gals this year. I'll post new pictures as often as i can :cheers:

We've tore the 99' hyper down yet again. The frame is freshly back from being powder coated neon green, and ready to start rebuilding.

some of the main parts that are orderd new this year are header,exhaust,sprockets,brakes/lines,rims, and tires (show set, along with with various sizes/tread etc). There are TONs of smaller parts and pieces I wont list. some parts will be re-used after they're either polished or re-painted.

The motor is a BRAND-NEW never ran, or even had oil in it for that matter F3 600.

the paint will be- obviously neon green frame, with neon green and laser blue panels and wings (candy/tri coat via base clear)

to give you and idea what we had last year we'll start there.

this setup took 1st place season points, aswell as 1st place mini sprint show in 07'. great season !

minisprint.jpg

minisprint2.jpg

minispring4.jpg

minisprint3.jpg

Heres the used 07' season 600cc motor (still runs great)

minisprint001.jpg

left over parts from last season, multiple blocks, heads,cams,carbs,starters,waterpumps,pistons etc. this will all be sold with the 07' season motor CHEAP(check for sale forum if interested)

minisprint007.jpg

Bandnew F3

minisprint002.jpg

fresh frame, started gauge panel, steering, and brakes.

minisprint004.jpg

motor in, had to drill and weld in another mount for new motor

minisprint005.jpg

different view

minisprint006.jpg

tomorrow we're gonna start on the front suspension,axle, and brakes. and try to get the floor pan, and seat mounted aswell. I'll get pics up if i can :cheers:

minisprint001.jpg

I see you race the 'Busch Lite' series :lol:

:lol: i knew that was comin ! hey hey... $15.99 for a 30 pack, yah kiddin me ! can't beat it.

besides, who puts anything together level headed anymore ? :crackup::dunno:

ok.. so tonight we...

polished installed radiator

polished installed seat

installed firewall- some new fabrications :mad:

gas and brake pedals, along with new master cyclinder

floor pan painted and installed

front brake caliper on

carb rack on , with air cleaner

few smaller things...

sum pics :cheers:

minisprint002-1.jpg

minisprint004-1.jpg

minisprint003-1.jpg

minisprint001-1.jpg

:pop:

Wow, NICE!!! We used to run mini-sprints back in the late 80's and early 90's on a 600cc Polaris snowmobile engine. I remember when I turned 16 I got to pack the track on the 1/8 mile track and again on the 1/4 mile track in the IMCA modified. Even though the modified had 5-6 times the HP, the mini was MUCH more fun!!!

Wow, NICE!!! We used to run mini-sprints back in the late 80's and early 90's on a 600cc Polaris snowmobile engine. I remember when I turned 16 I got to pack the track on the 1/8 mile track and again on the 1/4 mile track in the IMCA modified. Even though the modified had 5-6 times the HP, the mini was MUCH more fun!!!

sweet, you got lucky!

you dont see many snowmobile driven sprints anymore, if any at all due to the clutch set up/2 stroke :cheers:

115HP to 700-735 lbs of car.. is INSAINE. This car averaged around 100-105mph into the corner last year, we'll gain hopefully another 10hp this year. There a blast to drive, the g-forces are crazy

sweet, you got lucky!

you dont see many snowmobile driven sprints anymore, if any at all due to the clutch set up/2 stroke :cheers:

115HP to 700-735 lbs of car.. is INSAINE. This car averaged around 100-105mph into the corner last year, we'll gain hopefully another 10hp this year. There a blast to drive, the g-forces are crazy

Actually, the clutch setup was what we really liked about the snomobile setup. It's harder for most guys to run because they can't get it setup right to be in the right RPM range, but my dad has been a snomobile mechanic since the 70's and he had that baby setup to be right in the power band ALL THE WAY AROUND the track.

Yeah, I got to test drive a dwarf car too back when they first came out with the class around here. 1100cc's and not much heavier than the mini sprints... Longer wheelbase though, so not nearly as twitchy in the corners.

Is there a cc limit in the class that you run?

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Actually, the clutch setup was what we really liked about the snomobile setup. It's harder for most guys to run because they can't get it setup right to be in the right RPM range, but my dad has been a snomobile mechanic since the 70's and he had that baby setup to be right in the power band ALL THE WAY AROUND the track.

Yeah, I got to test drive a dwarf car too back when they first came out with the class around here. 1100cc's and not much heavier than the mini sprints... Longer wheelbase though, so not nearly as twitchy in the corners.

Is there a cc limit in the class that you run?

yeah would be fun to race one if you can get it figured out. Snowmobile motors produce more HP. We use a series of gearings for each track so that your hittin the rev limiter right into the corner (pops around 13,400rpm) well either keep it in 2nd all the way around, or 3rd depending on the length of the track etc.

The class were in is up to 94 octane, and you can either run a stock f3 600cc. or if you use a older motor your allowed to port the heads etc etc... basically the bore and stroke has to stay the same. your allowed to play with exhaust and carbs aswell.

down south they have the "unlimited alcy class" there makin close to 170 hp.. and are too fast for me to sit in, not to mention way to much money for a small hobbie.

we run performance carbs, different jets per track and a 4 2 1 header and a 4 1 header. alot of the motors pull almost the same around here, basically it comes down to car setup and the driver :cheers: