Right Front End Noise? Help

Well i have a right front end noise. Sounds like a brake pad slightly rubbing against the rotor but that is not the noise. But that is what it sounds like .Went to 1 dealer and shop forman says that is normal for awd. not buying that but it could be true. went to 2nd dealer and had shop forman drive and says same thing oh it is normal. i started to quiz al little and he says well maybe we should change the transfer case oil. this might take care of this noise. well its not a rear possi clunking noise i said like a typical posi clutch noise are you sure just changing the fluid is the answer,well he says i'am pretty sure it will take care of this issue.

Well sss budies please help with anwsers or trouble shootig before i go get the fluid changed.

thanks jeff (redrocker) 04 awd 13,000 miles

OK I had a similar complaint, and swore the noise was coming from the front axle when in fact it is from the rear posi.

I chewed-ass on my local dealer, telling them that there was a serious issue with the front axle (there was, that's a different story though) and so we all went for a ride. I drove to a nearby abandoned restaraunt parking lot, and started lapping the building at about 9-12 mph. Every turn (right or left) you can hear a low groaning noise beginning when the truck is already 1/2-way into the turn, and continuing until out of the turn and after discussing with the driveline tech that rode with us I agree this in my case is most definitely a noisy rear posi unit or bad carrier bearings. The dealer was nice enough to tell me "come back at 60K-miles and we'll tear it down and fix it" but I have decided that I will fix it on my own and replace the G80 with a Torsen.

Mr. P.

OK I had a similar complaint, and swore the noise was coming from the front axle when in fact it is from the rear posi.

I chewed-ass on my local dealer, telling them that there was a serious issue with the front axle (there was, that's a different story though) and so we all went for a ride. I drove to a nearby abandoned restaraunt parking lot, and started lapping the building at about 9-12 mph. Every turn (right or left) you can hear a low groaning noise beginning when the truck is already 1/2-way into the turn, and continuing until out of the turn and after discussing with the driveline tech that rode with us I agree this in my case is most definitely a noisy rear posi unit or bad carrier bearings. The dealer was nice enough to tell me "come back at 60K-miles and we'll tear it down and fix it" but I have decided that I will fix it on my own and replace the G80 with a Torsen.

Mr. P.

Mr. P.