Now I Know Why Aem Calls Them "brute Force"

misterp

I got a set of AEM "Brute Force" headers and last night started installing them onto the truck. The headers appear to be top-notch pieces, 1-3/4" tubes and 2.5" primaries with merged collector and high-temp coated inside and out - nice pieces. Except that they DON'T FIT, the rear two primary tubes on the driver's header contacted the firewall bad; to make it all work I had to bash on the underside of the floorboard with a sledgehammer to make enough clearance for the tubes - I pounded the floor in 3/4" to 1" over a 10-sq inch area. :mad: It's in there now. Hopefully the passenger side does fit, we'll find out tonight.

Mr. P.

nice seeing something new!

you'll make it work, I like how you would rather move the truck then decrease the flow in the header :thumbs: its all about the GO

100% agree! Nice work Steve. When you are ready, pictures and a review would be a nice addition!

...I like how you would rather move the truck then decrease the flow in the header ...
Well, the dirty truth is I didn't want to ruin the pretty coated finish :D But yeah other than firewall interference they are nicely made, the tube lengths are pretty good, the 3 forward tubes are 28"-30" long, and the rear tube is still 26" long; not perfect but far better than that short 16" tube on the Pacesetters. We'll see how well the theory translates to performance...

Mr. P.

damn Steve you got bigger 00 than I do . I wouldnt have been able to bring a hammer near my truck.

That reminds me, I had an idea last night - go to HD Racing and get a length of black foam pipe insulation for 1" pipe, and use that to cover the handle on your floor jack.

Mr. P. :)

Ha--nice Steve... I can see you laying under your truck banging away and throwing out a few, choice cuss words... So the tubes are contacting the floorboard? What about the flanges? Or are the ends straight for band clamps to the y-pipe? I wonder why AEM decided to make them so shallow...for ground clearance issues?

That reminds me, I had an idea last night - go to HD Racing and get a length of black foam pipe insulation for 1" pipe, and use that to cover the handle on your floor jack.

Mr. P. :)

SHHHHHHHHHHHH! Steve don't tell him THAT! I love it when Danny puts door dings on his own truck.... :)

damn Steve you got bigger 00 than I do . I wouldnt have been able to bring a hammer near my truck.

:withstupid:

:lol: Yeah that's the years of demolition derby coming out in me! I'm not afraid to take a hammer to some sheetmetal. Just stand back when you see me go for the torches & grinder...

TXARKITEKT - the headers have standard 3-bolt flanges at the collector, not slip-fit; the header at the collector fits very, very well even with the AWD.

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

:lol: Yeah that's the years of demolition derby coming out in me! I'm not afraid to take a hammer to some sheetmetal. Just stand back when you see me go for the torches & grinder...

TXARKITEKT - the headers have standard 3-bolt flanges at the collector, not slip-fit; the header at the collector fits very, very well even with the AWD.

Mr. P.

steve are they 2.5" or 3" collectors?