Question About Tune And Shift Kit

born_to_race81

hey guys my truck is tuned with efi live and the shift pressure is pretty stout it shifts pretty hard. now i hear if i was to get a shift kit,that i need to go back and have the stock pressure put back in the tune. now since my pressure is already hard shifting what will i benefit from a shift kit? is it even worth it? let me know your input on this, thanks

definitely do the shift kit, not only does it help by creating quick/firm shifts, the fact that it helps lock the clutch packs up when shifting can pro-long transmission life........you current shifts may be firmer from increased pressure, but the mushy type stock shifts and high line pressure can kill clutch packs :chevy:

got a question about your transgo shift kit..is it annoying ever when you are driving in a parking lot? and when you hammer it....like when it was stock it takes a second or so then it goes...how is that different..if you can just describe it to me please...i am going with the FLT HD-2, some piston kit, and vette servo...thanks....plus would i need to get a bigger trans cooler? if so would this work?

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant...Product_Count=4

Edited by keebler85 (see edit history)

Ive got the same setup as your getting. Under normal driving conditions the shifts are smooth. It shifts better than stock under low throttle and you cant really tell it has a shift kit until you put the hammer down. But your shift are much smoother and nicer no matter how much throttle. Trust me YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED. Just get a good shop to do the install.

got a question about your transgo shift kit..is it annoying ever when you are driving in a parking lot? and when you hammer it....like when it was stock it takes a second or so then it goes...how is that different..if you can just describe it to me please...i am going with the FLT HD-2, some piston kit, and vette servo...thanks....plus would i need to get a bigger trans cooler? if so would this work?

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant...Product_Count=4

You shouldn't need a larger trans cooler with just a shift kit and servos. My truck shifts normal at part throttle, all you feel is a little bump when it shifts sometimes. Anything beyond 1/2 throttle all the way to WOT, it shifts firm and quick, trust me you can really feel it(in a good way). At WOT when my truck shifts from 1st to 2nd she squeals the tires now........

Ive got the same setup as your getting. Under normal driving conditions the shifts are smooth. It shifts better than stock under low throttle and you cant really tell it has a shift kit until you put the hammer down. But your shift are much smoother and nicer no matter how much throttle. Trust me YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED. Just get a good shop to do the install.

:withstupid:

what exactly do i need brand model everything i need to get let me know and a ball park of how much it is with install

TransGo HD2-C shift kit

Corvette Second Gear Servo

FLT Alluminum Accumulator Pistons

www.finishlinetrans.com

Figure somewhere in the area of $150 to $250 for the install including fluid.......

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

that list fireman gave is perfect for stock to minor mods. it will really change the way the truck shifts in a good way. also, under about half throttle the shifts can be changed to whatever feel your looking for. leaving the line pressure up is a bad idea tho, especially since it will shift harder and faster than whatever its doing now (while its still shifting lol).

there are two servos- the 2nd gear servo, and the 4th gear servo. the 4th gear isnt really necesarry unless your making some serious power. then the stocker begins to hold you back. until then, the vette 2nd is great, especially for the money