Headers...obx Or Pacesetter!

BigO3SS

I see what your saying, I do like the fact that OBX are stainless. Thats a plus living in chicago.

Shadowsniper....did you gain 3 tenths without a tune. I will get a tune eventaully but the headers are first, this way I dont need to get a retune. Headers without the tune should still make a decent gain right? I was thinking I would see more pull in the mid to top end.

a tune is very important. I gained what you would from headers by getting a tune, if that makes sense. Adding parts is only as good as the programming to tell the PCM that stuff is changed. You will see gains but nowhere as good as with tuning.

i got the gain with out a tune, but zippy has my truck dailed in so well that another tune for the headers may only make a very small gain. My truck has a bunch of stuff done to it, like heads and cam, so you may not see the 3 tenths gain i got, i just wanted to make sure you are aware of that so your not expecting at least 3 tenths.

and if you are not tuned already, i got 5 tenths on my almost stock truck(CAI) with a zippy tune and my pcmforless tune. 15.01 to a 14.5.

and if your in Chicago maybe will meet up some time at one of the summer events, maybe if we get an event at route 66

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Hey shadow, that would be cool. I would love to hit some shows this summer! Do you guys think I should get a tune first then. What would I see the most gain from? I am new to this new school stuff, even though I am only 27, most of my cars were old school muscle. A little head work, cam , and headers mad a big differance and it was all cheap! It blows my mind how much money it cost too mod up these trucks! I had a 2000 vette for a year and I sold it because everything cost an arm and a leg! I am just at a loss right now, because I have no idea what would make the most differance.

I dont want to do much to the truck because I plan on selling my 70 cutlass to buy a 2010 camaro! Thats going to be my toy, so I am just looking to do some basic stuff to the truck over the next year. Thanks guys

• 1 month later...

Im running OBX, and like everyone is saying, its really up to you in the end. I can only tell you from personal experience that I'm happy with my LT's. They went together very well, and this may sound crazy but I used O2 sensor spacers and that eliminated the fault code. I guess it just pulls the sensor out of the exhaust flow. I mated a 3'' Magnaflow x pipe, then custom cut mandrel bent 3'' pipe to 2 6" round Magnaflow mufflers, all in stainless. I would recommend the stainless because honestly, they are going to last, and they look alot better than coated. Good luck!