Couple ?'s

keebler85

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no prob. Charlie...as for the cooler and converter...i dont plan on doing many more mods after this....maybe cutouts but nothing major...is the converter really needed...i know that it would be easy to put in with everything else...but i dont really want to spend the money now...the tstat i plan to have my cousin do..he is going to do the shift kit and everything...and i plan on buying some MSD plug wires as well...smoke03...are you going to do one spacer or two...Charlie said none or one for me and i was wondering what you were going to do

No you don't really need the converter unless you want to lower your ETs at the track. Installing the shift kit/servos/pistons is not too hard, all they have to do is drop the pan. To install a TC the entire tranny has to be dropped, and that can get costly. You will not need a larger trans cooler with just a shift kit. Oh, and listen to Charlie, he is 110% about the washers in the shift kit.......1 washer gives you nice firm/quick shifts(which is what I have), and 2 washers gives you harsh/hard/abrupt shifts.

:chevy:

BTW, go with the MSD wires, they cost nearly the same as a set of Delco wires. The MSDs get a cleaner/steadier/hotter spark to the plugs with less resistance than stock wires.

has anyone ever had problems with open cutouts messing with the valves?

I think this is the second time youve asked that ive see that question before... i dont have any problems i have enough back pressure still not to mess anything up. When i ran open headers i was scared i would because my truck died at every stop light... unless it was green even when i got pulled over it died. I had the guy move them down to my cross member one in front other right behind it so i could have some back pressure and not mess anything up. I dont really see with my set up how i would mess up the valves

well i had to ask that question twice because i didnt get an answer last time but Ive talked to a mechanic and to a cnother member and I thnik the only time your going to wind up "flosting" valves is at high rpms...like 6500 to 7500

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)

FLT Transgo Kit does not come with any servos what so ever. You can buy the Vette servo for an extra $15-$20 I believe.

Zippy's kit is more expensive because I believe it comes with a BILLET 2nd/4th servos and possibly even some other parts.

I bought the Transgo HD2-C kit, FLT aluminum accumulator pistons, and the FLT Vette Servo.

FLT Transgo Kit does not come with any servos what so ever. You can buy the Vette servo for an extra $15-$20 I believe.

Zippy's kit is more expensive because I believe it comes with a BILLET 2nd/4th servos and possibly even some other parts.

I bought the Transgo HD2-C kit, FLT aluminum accumulator pistons, and the FLT Vette Servo.

:withstupid::chevy:

well I had to cut mine and my cats wouldnt fit in front of the crossmember....that is if your even keeping the cats. If you are keeping them then you'll have to move them back a little bit. IMO ditch em

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)