Spring List Of Things To Do To The Truck

NashSS

Well since spring is rolling around the corner and I have my income tax money coming there are a few things I want to do to the truck and I want your guys opinions on it.

1. Changing oil obviously w/ 5 quarts Mobil 1 5w30 Truck & SUV oil w/ 1 quart Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer

2. Tires! I'm thinking some cooper Discover HT tires or some Perelli Scorpion ATR something that provides good ride and traction yearround.

3. I'm planing on changing the front and rear diff fluid and I'm thinking of using Lucas or Mobil 1 but Im stuck on which one would be better and the same for the transfer case as well. Can anyone help me out?

4. The transmission i wanted to change over to synthetics but ive heard others hear have no luck with synthetic plus im told the gm fluid is synthetic but lucas offers and transmission fix which ive read tesemonials about guys with newer trucks that put it in there for a piece of mind it helps out better shifting and promotes good wear which I figure wouldnt be a bad idea considering how my truck is a daily driver and i do race it sometimes and if this stuff could help prolong the life of my tranny i kinda figure what the hell but i want to hear your guys opinions on this.

Oil change and tires are on top priority right now as my goodyears will not last another year and i hate goodyears anyway. and of course a good washing and waxing with some cleaning of the interior and armor all came out with a natural finish for interiors now which I might try and I hear you guys swear by leather in a bottle from zaino for good smell :) and protection and im gonna shampoo the carpets too. If there is anything else I need to do or any suggestions you guys have im all eyes I guess you can say lol i want this looking and driving its best the summer!

I use Mobil 1 5W-30 with a K&N filter, no additives, in the motor. I used Mobil 1 synthetic in the front and rear differentials. I used GM AutoTrak II (the blue stuff!) in the transfer case. When I flushed my trans, I stayed with Dexron III, based on a lot of the info that I got here. It's spring cleaning time for everyone! :chevy: Oh, and I have Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. Very happy with them.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Mobil1 and a Delco filter change here, new Bendix brake pads went in last night. I have 4 Pirelli Scorpion ATRs here waiting to be mounted when I kill my POS Goodyears the next few trips to the track. She needs a real good detailing to get her back in shape or the spring..........*cough* *cough* Dylan I wish you were a few thousand miles closer!! :chevy:

I just mounted my new Nitto 420s's and couldn't be happier. The factory good year's suck worse than i could even explain. Being RWD i used to have to be real careful accelerating on turns and in the rain...Now i couldn't get loose if i wanted to (tested and proven :D ) Not to mention they are very very quite. A well worth it tire