Hid Headlights

What is the best brand to get when converting to an HID set-up. I was thinking of going with an aftermarket headlight hsng, the ones with angel eyes, and three led's on the side, but with the hid setup's they range in price from 99 up to 250.00. What's the difference. All the ones I've looked at had two ballasts and two lamp leads. Thanks for the help.

:chevy:

yes you will need a ballast for each side. check with matt over at americanmuscle.com i have bought about 10 kits through him and he offers a lifetime warranty on the entire kit including the bulb for only $200 shipped i think. just a fyi, hope it helps.

^^^ya thats a great deal. another option is xenondepot.com. they sell the kits for $249. i have had a few sets from there with no issues. your gunna wanna stay away from anything less than $200 bucks tho, thats when the quality is compromised IMO. im not sure what bulb the lights you want are, you might wanna check that out for sure before you order.

^^^ya thats a great deal. another option is xenondepot.com. they sell the kits for $249. i have had a few sets from there with no issues. your gunna wanna stay away from anything less than $200 bucks tho, thats when the quality is compromised IMO. im not sure what bulb the lights you want are, you might wanna check that out for sure before you order.

thats true, you dont want some terribly cheaply rebased chinese kits that are gonna go out after some heat and vibrations. decide on the temp you want and remember that you have to order the dr2 builb or whatever it is if you are using projector housings bc the longer 9006 wont fit behind the glass projector.

personally i wouldnt buy a cheap ass proj. housings. if you want projectors, i can get some built with badass bimmer or infinity projectors retro'd into your housings, but it isnt cheap.

I really don't know if i want the projectors, but I thought the angel eyes looked cool, and projectors seem to be the only place I can find angel eye headlights.

i can get some built for you if you want the angel eyes look. all it is, is ccfl (cold cathode flourescent light) sorta like neon lights. im making me a license plate light if i could ever find the 4" white strips. it primarily used in comp. case lighting applications and other such stuff. lmk if you want me to hook you up with some ppl that do this shit a lot......